Virus Notification Messages

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
djwhisky

Virus Notification Messages

Post by djwhisky »

When you select AntiVirus in the MTA properties, there's the option of sending an email virus notification message, both back to the sender and also to a specific email address.

Is there a way of customizing the email at all? Its fine for informing me of the virus but if i want the email to inform the sender, i'd like to customize it to pad it out a bit with some more information and company details etc. Is there any way of doing this?

If there is a way of customizing it, is there any way of customizing the message per postoffice?

Thanks

James

Alyson_J

Post by Alyson_J »

Actually configuring the email to reply to the sender is a bad idea. Most viruses forge the from addresses and thus you are not informing the right person anyway, and therefore in addition to the flood of mail from viruses hitting servers, the problem is compounded by auto replies.
Aly

djwhisky

Post by djwhisky »

Very true i spose - would still be nice to do some kind of customisation so at least for the notification messages so that i could include the name of the virus for my own info... although i think i know the name of all the viruses at the moment... mydoom mydoom mydoom mydoom ggrrrr! :roll:

It would also be nice, maybe, to get some header information through too... so you can see the IP of where the email is coming from rather than the email address which is, as you said, useless!

Christian L

Post by Christian L »

Would be very useful with tha names of the viruses being caught. I agree!

Kiliman

Post by Kiliman »

See my post "Improved Virus Notification"
http://forum.mailenable.com/viewtopic.php?t=3605

If you're not using McAfee, I may be able to help you modify the script for your particular scan engine.

Kiliman