Problems sending a Newsletter

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
oranginalab

Problems sending a Newsletter

Post by oranginalab »

I am trying to send a Nesletter (HTML format mail) up to 200 registered users
in my website.

I'm using an ASP script and the Persits' ASPEmail component to do so.
Mailenable is running correctly on the same server as the web server, and it actually sends the mail... but only to the first hundred people in my database.

I've read the log files and all seems to be ok. The only problem is that there is another hundred people that are nor receiving the magazine.

Is there any limit for bulk SMTP sending? May the ASP script collapse the SMTP server with just a hundred mails?

In any case, the log files did not show any evidence of collapse or restriction.

I've been exploring the SMTP connector configuration options and I've found that there is a "Desconection Limit". May be this be the cause of my trouble?
I've raised this limit but I'm not very sure this is the cause because there is no evidence of this limit to have been reached in any of the three logs.

Please, help me find (or guess) where the problem is !!
I can not make another newsletter sending to everybody in my list just to test it !!

I need to find it and be sure it will not happen again

Thanx in advance

Tomàs

DevelopStuff

Post by DevelopStuff »

There is a setting inside of the SMTP connector that specifies MAX number of recipients..

Jake

DevelopStuff

Post by DevelopStuff »

MailEnable Management
-> Servers
--> locahost
--->Connectors
----> SMTP
right click -> Properties
under Security Tab

granted this is in prof , don't know about standard but would imagine its there.. halfway down the screen

oranginalab

problem with newsletter

Post by oranginalab »

I didn't mention that it is a personalized newsletter that I am trying to send so it's not just an e-mail sent to 200 recipients but 200 different e-mails sent at a time.

May this be causing some kind of overload on the SMTP server?
I've been exploring the "Knowledge Database" and I've read something about the "Max. Send Threads" option.
I've got it set to 5.
Is this correct?

Thanks again.

Tomàs

DevelopStuff

Post by DevelopStuff »

not sure about that.. sounds like you might have to do a batch of them at a time..

Jake