Problems with inbox & folders in webmail

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
cheesewz

Problems with inbox & folders in webmail

Post by cheesewz »

I'm having issue with Webmail not showing the folder listing or inbox. The inbox shows this error "Error: Could not list messages in folder. Error (Unknown runtime error)" and the folder list shows "Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8'

Object required: 'oPOPFolders.GetFolders(...)'

/mewebmail/base/default/lang/EN/folders.asp, line 43
"

Any ideas? I've rerun the installer and that didn't work. It is a Win2K3 implementation.

Thanks in advance for any help.

S

MailEnable-Ben

Permissions.

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

It looks like the Drafts folder is missing. When you log into the webmail do you see a "Drafts", "Deleted Items" and "Sent items" folder? If not, it likely means that the permissions for the Windows IME_ADMIN user has not been set on the Mail Enable\Postoffices directory. You can also reset permissions using the MEInstaller.exe application from the Mail Enable\bin directory. If you run this, select and execute the first, then the second option. This will reset the Windows permissions for the MailEnable Windows account.

Cheers,
Ben.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

cheesewz

Post by cheesewz »

Ben,

I can't see any of the folders. Mad sure that IME_ADMIN and IME_USER had permissions to the postoffices directory and re-ran the first two steps in the MEInstaller.exe. Still doesn't work. Any other ideas? This was working fine on the server we migrated from (Win2K), but it isn't working correctly for Win2K3.

Post by Guest »

Ok, next things that we have found in the past to check here are;

1. Make sure the your permission inheretence from parent is not inhereting a deny on the Post Office directory. Reapply hireditary permissions to ensure this is not occuring.

2. If you are using Ensim a Deny may have been set on the Site_admin group which IME_admin account is made a member of by them. There are other issues here please let me know of you have Ensim.

Ben.

cheesewz

Post by cheesewz »

I'll check the permissions again, but had already done so.

Not sure what you mean by Ensim?

cheesewz

Post by cheesewz »

The permissions look to be correct. Any other ideas?

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

Might be best from here to send an email to our support dept at support@mailenable.com just to save a bit of unnessesary toing and froing.

Ben.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

cheesewz

Post by cheesewz »

Ben,

I sent an email to support. Additionally I found the following Event Viewer entries.

EventID 1 - The VB Application identified by the event source logged this Application MEWebMail: Thread ID: 2340 ,Logged: Error getting folder list (3704):Application-defined or object-defined error:PORoot:C:\

EventID 2265 - The registry key for IIS subauthenticator is not configured correctly on the local machine; the anonymous password sync feature is disabled.

I couldn't find anything on Microsoft's site about how to fix this. I'm assuming the VB app error is related to the IIS error.

S

cheesewz

?

Post by cheesewz »

Ben,

Are you guys looking into this? I sent the remote information for troubleshooting and haven't heard anything back.

S

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

vbscript error

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

hi,

In respect to the VBscript error, sounds like permission problem.

1 Reset the password of the IME_ADMIN and IME_USER accounts to a known password. IME_ADMIN and IME_USER are accounts created when you install the webmail application. The webmail site runs these accounts.

2. Open MTS (WinNT) or Component Services (Win2000) and set the identity account credentials to those used in Step 1.
You can do this as follows:
- Locate the COM+ package called "Mail Enable".
- Right click the icon in MTS or Component Services and select "Properties" which will bring up a window where you can change the user the package runs under.
- Set the password to the password you have set for the IME_ADMIN and IME_USER accounts.
- Right Click on the "Mail Enable" package and select Shutdown.

3. Repeat this process for the package called "Mail Enable Administration" (this package is used by WebAdmin)

KB article

http://www.mailenable.com/kb/viewarticl ... 020145.htm

Kind Regards,

Ian