Webmail PHP Frontend.............

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
All Eyez On Me

Webmail PHP Frontend.............

Post by All Eyez On Me »

Hi @ ALL.............

I have a question about the Webmail Frontend wich is included in the Pro Package..........

Well I have an Apache Server started and configured with PHP, so my question is........

Does it exist a Frontend that is written in PHP for the Mailenable Server or do you plan to build something in that way ?

I think it would be good if there is a Frontend written in PHP, because ASP doesn´t make so much sin on Apache Servers.......

OK that´s it...........

Thanx a lot for this Software guys........

Your work is really great and I would like to see more of it..........

Greetz All Eyez On Me

totomds

Post by totomds »

Hey,

I started to convert the asp webmail to php(not finished), I put some 30 hours(it took me a while because I used it as an opportunity to learn php!) into it and then passed it onto MailEnable, hopefully they will use it to do just that or if they want I could continue converting it..

-toto

All Eyez On Me

Post by All Eyez On Me »

Well that´s a good thing........

I hope it will be finished by you or by the ME Team soon........

Thanks for this Information...........

Greetz All Eyez On Me

C´YA

quique

I have scripts for php working

Post by quique »

visit www.plastiko.com and try
mailenable php 4.0.2 apache 2.0.4
plastiko.com

All Eyez On Me

Post by All Eyez On Me »

Well were can I found it on your Page ?
I get only errors when I click on a link on your Page.....

Please give an exactly link or discription where to find the PHP Frontend......

Greetz All Eyez On Me

jdn

asp for apache then?

Post by jdn »

Hey guys..

Like some of you, I'm also searching for some way to make the webmail function work on apache - and if webmail doesn't exit for php, well maybe then the only way is to figure out running asp on Apache and then get hold off the webmail in zip or something (because it didn't install the dir for me - when I installed ME)..

So does anyone know the best way to make Apache run ASP?

kind regards to everyone
Jesper :D

sunpost

Post by sunpost »

try this...

http://wwws.sun.com/software/chilisoft/

i would test it using the evaluation edition first...good luck.

jdn

What about....

Post by jdn »

Thanks - will do 8)

By the way, I recently stumbled across this ASP2PHP converter. Really simple, but will it do the job? ME-people and everyone else, do you think that is possible? Or is the webmail too complex?

The one I found is http://asp2php.naken.cc/

I don't suppose I can get someone to test it for me? :roll: When installing ME it completly skibbed the mewebmail folder - it simply doesn't exist on my server :(

Thanks again!

sunpost

Post by sunpost »

from the faq on http://asp2php.naken.cc/faq.php...
Will asp2php do COM objects that I made in VB or C?

Nope. Probably never will. PHP has something similar to this, but I'm not going to touch the conversion process.
looks like you are sol dude...i think you might have a problem with the COM objects on any other platform.

jdn

Will give it a try

Post by jdn »

Okay, thanks - I'll give the SUN programme a try later (getting late here in Denmark) but I'll let you guys know what I find out.. 8)

jdn

darn' it..

Post by jdn »

No go on the Chili!ASP programme - I can't get it to work.. It encounters an error during installation stating that no web servers were found.. Well I asked me to stop them (?!) Anyway, I didn't detect neither IIS or Apache 2.0.42..

Guess I have to wait for the PHP version of the webmail then :cry:

sunpost

Post by sunpost »

why not IIS? use the ME server to host the webmail application.

jdn

Reason for apache

Post by jdn »

Hello again :)

The reason why I chose Apache was because I'm running PHP and at first I had a whole bunch of problems getting PHP to work with IIS..

But after my last defeat I tried again a few times and did it. So now the webmail runs perfectly under my IIS which also runs PHP, etc.

So, thanks for your help, sunpost :P Take care

Jesper

jimbeaux

How about using already existing php webmail apps?

Post by jimbeaux »

There are already dozens of existing open-source php webmail clients, though the few I've tried already I have been unsuccessful in getting any of them to work. Does anyone know of any php webmail clients that could be easily modified to work with MailEnable? :(