Individual filtering does not work

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
lennox

Individual filtering does not work

Post by lennox »

1. YES. i installed the hotfix.

2. No, I got no filter working.
I applied a simple "When subject contains..." move to Junk.

But it doesn't work.

Anybody got a hint for me?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Navigate to the filtering options in webmail for the user with the mailbox filter configured and ensure that it is enabled.

Regards,

H_verschooten

Post by H_verschooten »

Or if you can/will not use the web-interface to enable this, then add the following line to the mailbox's .sys-file:

MailBox-MailboxRulesStatus=1

You'll find the files under the
...\Mail Enable\Config\POSTOFFICES\<postoffice>\MAILBOXES

If it isn't there you can create it yourself,for a mailbox 'postmaster' it is called postmaster.SYS, it usually contains something like this :

[General]
ReplyAddress=
DisplayName=
MailBox-DropEventStatus=0
SMTP=1
POP=1
HTTPMail=1
WebMail=1
IMAP=1
CharSet=ISO-8859-1
MailBox-MailboxRulesStatus=1

I was looking for this myself today. I don't know why they didn't add this option to MMC Interface :idea: .

Sincerely,

Herman

gbenitt

Post by gbenitt »

I haven't installed the web administrator thinking that the MMC should have the same and/or more functionality an would be less of a security risk. Filtering for the system works great, but I have not been able to get the individual box to ever "catch" an event. I have applied the suggestion in this posting to no avail, even after restarting all of the services. I have also downloaded the patch to the MMC which unfortunately takes away some valuable actions, but I guess it doesn't matter if the event never gets caught anyway.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on what can/should be done to get filtering working on individual mailboxes?

Also, as a side question, I saw that there is a hardcoded limit of 100 filters for the system. Does that apply in any way to the individual boxes? If I have 300 users, each with their own filter, will I be able to do this?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

For your mailbox filtering problems, ensure that the filtering is enabled for the mailbox in webmail filtering options. We are aware of a problem where you create a filter in the mailenable administration program and set it to enabled for a mailbox, however it doesnt enable it untill you go into webmail and enable it for the mailbox under filtering. This issue has been addressed and will be included in the latest release.

The hardcoded filter limit is for the global level filter, it will not apply to the mailbox filtering.

regards,

mbatalha

Post by mbatalha »

Is there anyway to enable filtering for a whole domain without logging into each individual webmail. I have this turned on but I do not have access to everyones webmail acount.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

In the latest beta version of Enterprise v1.04b located here: http://www.mailenable.com/beta includes the fix for the webmail mailbox filtering and various other issues found. It will now have a general enable/disable option in the filter's properties when creating the filter in the mailenable administration program elimintaing you from logging into the webmail to enable the mailbox's filter.

regards,