"Logon Faliure": Password was rejected

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
mediaboy

"Logon Faliure": Password was rejected

Post by mediaboy »

Hi I setup MailEnable yeterday and have not been able to retrieve mail via pop successfully. I am getting an error saying that the password is incorrect. But I know it is.

Here is the error I am getting from my email client:

Again, I know that the username and password are correct. Something else is happening here.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

paarlberg

Post by paarlberg »

Did you cut and paste or import the password? If so, look for a space at the end as this has burned me a couple times..

You can find the problem if you look in the file called auth.tab.

mediaboy

Nothing yet...

Post by mediaboy »

Nothing is working still (Thanks for the responses, though!)

I reinstalled the software and checked the auth.tab file. Still telling me I am using the wrong username and password. SO ODD! There is something happening in the communication of the password OR in the settings. What could it be?

I really want to be a customer but if I can't log in to the software...

Any other suggestions?

Here are screencaps of the settings in MailEnable and Outlook. Feel free to try and login!

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Ensure that the username is correct (In the screenshot for account name you have: 123@sprungmedia.com, ensure that the postofficename part is correct. Do not use the domian name you need to use the postoffice name. (IE: 123@sprungmedia).

regards,

plangtry

same problem

Post by plangtry »

I'm having the same problem. Has anyone come up with a solution? I am using Windows Server 2003 on my server. I have outlook 2003 installed on a different system and I am trying to retrieve mail. It keeps saying the password or username is incorrect.

Paul

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

What error is displayed in Outlook 2003 when you try and send? Ensure that you have the setting "My server requires authentication" in the Outlook account settings.

This KB article can assist in troubleshooting mail client connectivity:
http://www.mailenable.com/kb/viewarticl ... 020075.htm

regards,

plangtry

login failure

Post by plangtry »

We can check our mail through mail2web.com, but Outlook is saying the username or password is incorrect. Any ideas? Even stranger is the fact that some of my coworkers can check their mail via Outlook without porblem. I have all accounts set the same, or so I think.

Any ideas?

Paul

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Can you please provide the Outlook error and error code that is displayed when the failure occurs.

regards,

sdewitt

Post by sdewitt »

I get this too from only one user. If I reset his password it will work for a little while and then it starts failing again. I know the password has not changed because he can still get in through webmail. STRANGE THING is he has two mail account on my server one NEVER has problems and one does. TWO different domains.

Shannon

mjohann

password is rejected and I know it is correct

Post by mjohann »

This is a new install and I have checked and rechecked, set and reset the passwork and I get the same error about incorrect password
Michael J