Pro Version with Ensim 3.6 for Windows

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
sharay

Pro Version with Ensim 3.6 for Windows

Post by sharay »

I installed the pro version and everything looked great. No errors. Diagnostic page is all pass with exception to Managment Server. When I fire up the Ensim C/P and add a user, I get the message "Error creating user" and then I get a box showing this;

"Result : Failed to add user tom.
Usage: EAddUser DomainName UserName Password FirstName MiddleName LastName UserEnableForwards UserEnableAutoResponders UserEnableWebAccess

Any one see this?

Thanks

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Ensure that you are using the correct Ensim scripts for Ensim. Version 4.0 should be used with the 4.0 Scripts, the 3.6 with the 3.6 scripts.

regards,

Post by Guest »

I have the exact same problem.
I'm using Ensim 3.6 with 3.6 addon and Mailenable Pro.
The same error occurs with Mailenable Standard.

We have reinstaled the server and the problem persists.

When we access Mail Domain List we get:

No Mail Domains exist! You can enable mail for a site via the Site List.

We have two sites, both with mailenable active.
We have two other server with Mailenable working fine.

Any help is apreciated.

Paulo Cardoso

sharay

Re: Pro Version with Ensim 3.6 for Windows

Post by sharay »

sharay wrote:I installed the pro version and everything looked great. No errors. Diagnostic page is all pass with exception to Managment Server. When I fire up the Ensim C/P and add a user, I get the message "Error creating user" and then I get a box showing this;

"Result : Failed to add user tom.
Usage: EAddUser DomainName UserName Password FirstName MiddleName LastName UserEnableForwards UserEnableAutoResponders UserEnableWebAccess

Any one see this?

Thanks
I am using 3.6 add-on with Ensim 3.6 on win2k3. It almost seems like a permission thing. I too am using the pro version of Mail Enable.

feijao

Post by feijao »

I found out the problem.
I've installed an old mailenable pro version and it is ok now.
I will do an upgrade and check if the things are still ok.

There is a problem with the latest Mailenable Pro and Standard version.

Paulo Cardoso

norm1153

Post by norm1153 »

Greetings:

Precisely the same thing: Ensim Pro 3.6, the lastest downloaded version of MailEnable Pro, and I ran the Ensim script also downloaded from MailEnable.

Same error messages received in Ensim:
Usage: EAddUser DomainName UserName Password FirstName MiddleName LastName UserEnableForwards UserEnableAutoResponders UserEnable WebAccess

I can't add any users to web sites. I can't even access the domain's admin email address from either Outlook or via web access. Login fails both ways.

I even tried something additional, to above posts. Since this is a new web server, I haven't added any domains that need to be accessed right now; only one name-based domain points to this box. After encountering this problem, after I completely installed MailEnable Pro, I deleted the domain, restarted the server, and added it back. Still the same problem.

I may go try to find the next earlier version, UNinstall this one, and install that one. Unless a fix comes along in the next day or two (fingers crossed) :)

Thanks,
Norm

norm1153

Post by norm1153 »

I just looked around on the web site, and I am stuck!

I am installing this product on my first Windows box, therefore I'm a new MailEnable user.

I cannot find any downloadable versions older than the current 1.54, so I cannot fix this problem even temporarily by uninstalling 1.54 and installing an older version.

Since these problems occur in Ensim 3.6, I am unable to obtain a diagnostic key from MailEnable Diagnostic utility, which prevents me (or anyone else, I guess) from entering a Support Ticket.

Therefore, I am really, really keeping my fingers crossed for a quick fix!

:)

Thanks,
Norm

feijao

Post by feijao »

I had an older version and instaled it fine.
Did the upgrade to the latest version and it is ok also.

I could send you the latest version, but I don't know very well mailenable rules about distribution so it is better for you to request them the older version.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The problem has been rectified and you can fix it by downlaoding the updated scripts for 3.6 from our site and just do a re-install.

the link for the updated scripts is here: http://www.mailenable.com/files/webppliancemeaddon.zip

regards,

norm1153

Post by norm1153 »

I may try to ask for a copy of the older version from support.

Which older version did you successfully install? Also, did you run the Ensim add-on script after you installed that older version?

Thanks,
Norm

norm1153

Post by norm1153 »

Well, that was fast!

Thanks for your quick support on this!

I will do a reinstall very quickly.

Thanks,
Norm

sharay

Post by sharay »

MailEnable-Ian wrote:Hi,

The problem has been rectified and you can fix it by downlaoding the updated scripts for 3.6 from our site and just do a re-install.

the link for the updated scripts is here: http://www.mailenable.com/files/webppliancemeaddon.zip

regards,
I reinstalled and was able to add the email user. I was also able to add an alias. However, when I try to edit the user I get the following error;

Traceback (innermost last):
File C:\Program Files\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 171, in publish
File C:\Program Files\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\mapply.py, line 160, in mapply
(Object: manage_edituser)
File C:\Program Files\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 112, in call_object
(Object: manage_edituser)
File .\base\services\winmail\winmail.py, line 694, in manage_edituser
(Object: ElementWithAttributes)
File .\base\common\LastActionStatus.py, line 19, in failed
File .\base\common\LastActionStatus.py, line 39, in _setStatus
TypeError: argument 2 to map() must be a sequence object

Any ideas what is causing this?

Thanks

norm1153

Post by norm1153 »

Unfortunately, I just completed installing mailenable again. Then after running the Diagnostic Utility (no problems reported), I ran the updated Ensim install script.

Same problem, with the exact same error message. Also, in the Ensim Appliance CP, Email shows up (between Web Server and DNS), but when I click it, I get a message that says "No Mail Domains Exist! You can enable mail for a site via the site list." Above that, under email, I click the "Domain List" but nothing happens there.

I have checked the View Plan, and mail is enabled.

So I am back to square one on this.

Thanks,
Norm,