More questions about the Bayesian filter!

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
Christian L

More questions about the Bayesian filter!

Post by Christian L »

I have been using the Bayesian filter for some weeks now. I have been rebuilding the dictionary a couple of times and it all seems to be working fine. I have two questions:

1. When I rebuilt the dictionary today (I always do a total rebuild), the dictionary size decreased in size (at least 100%!), altough I added about 400 new e-mails to the SPAM and No-Spam folders. Is this correct? I haven't removed any old e-mails, just added the new ones.

2. When an e-mail message is concidered to be spam, I add the header X-Spam: 1 (for Outlook filtering etc) and the pre-configured "Deliver-To: Junk header". I just don't understand how to use the Deliver-To: Junk header. No e-mail is moved to any "Junk" folder in webmail for anyone. I have triple-checked the settings for the post office, and it should check for this header.

If I understand it correctly, the Folder "Junk E-mail" or "Junk" should be automatically created. Is this correct or do I have to create any folders myself?

Thanks!

/Christian

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

What version of Enterprise are you running?
If you have 1.04 the junk-email option does not work correctly. It was indicating the option being enabled in the "Feature selection" option of the postoffice's properties, however the option was disabled by default. I suggest you downlaod the latest beta version 1.1 of enterprise which addresses this issue.

Regarding your question "Do I have to create the Junk-E-Mail folder manually"? No if you create a filter with an action to "Mark the message as SPAM" and you have the option enabled to "Deliver Junk E-Mail to a junk email folder" enabled under the feature selection properties of a postoffice then the folder will be created automatically.

You can find the 1.1 version here: http://www.mailenable.com/beta/Enterprise11b11.EXE

regards,

Christian L

Post by Christian L »

I am running 1.04 which explains why it's not working the way I expected...

Can the postoffice owner toggle the deliver-to-junk-setting themselves?

/Christian

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
Can the postoffice owner toggle the deliver-to-junk-setting themselves?
This feature maybe implemented in future releases of Mailenable.
Only the system administrator is able to change this setting in current versions.

regards,