SMTP Service Keeps Crashing on MailEnable Professional

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
wayneray

SMTP Service Keeps Crashing on MailEnable Professional

Post by wayneray »

I am running MailEnable on a Windows 2003 Standard Server. I had to rebuild my server and reinstall MailEnable Professional. I have turned off the Microsoft SMTP service. My mail server appears to keep hanging and the SMTP service crashes at least once a day. I cannot see anything in the logs that appear to be causing a problem. Just wondering if anybody has ran across this before.

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

What version are you running? If it is the latest please submit a ticket via the following link including the subsequent logs;

http://www.mailenable.com/support/step1.asp
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

andyvm

Post by andyvm »

I also had this issue. An update to Win2003 SP1 cured it for me. Had it for a few weeks before upgrading. Sent a support request into ME and didn't have much luck with their response.

1.7 will fix some other issues I'm having, but I'm scared to load it at this point...

Stealth

Same problem?

Post by Stealth »

We had a similar problem after aplying some october hotfixes... The service continued crashing and had some _new_ problems after the update... raising a ticked didn't help nothing... :P

And we are afraid to upgrade to a new version, too...
Stealth

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

"raising a ticked didn't help nothing"

There are no outstanding SMTP crashing issues known. (And no calls that I could see where we are investigating such crashes at this time).

What was the ticket number?
Regards, Andrew

Stealth

sorry...

Post by Stealth »

you are right, the problem was with IMAP... The ticket we raised was #6828. After applying hotfixes (that mailenable said us to apply, some of them beta) the service kept crashing and some new problems appeared (blank mails, etc), so we decided not to experiment more on the mail server (some users complained, and with good reason) and rolled back to a version that we could address the errors in a more controlated way. As we said, raising a ticket was not a good solution...

Need more from us?
Stealth

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

I was mislead by the title of the forum thread.

Your correct, there were some significant issues with IMAP hotfixes - Unfortunately, the very nature of hotfixes is that they are not tested to the same degree as the production release kits and there can be issues accordingly.

All current issues have been addressed in hotfixes - as are addressed in the current release. I suggest you upgrade to the current release version.
Regards, Andrew