Mail Enable 2.0

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.

Is it rediculous to filter the Outbound Queue?

Yes.
69%
No. I want the emails I send filtered.
31%

Total votes: 13

Rooey123

Mail Enable 2.0

Post by Rooey123 »

I was pleased to see 2.0 is in Beta.

It has been long overdue that web mail gets a fresh new look, and that the filtering gets fixed. I am very excited to see this get fixed, as it has seriously limited our company.

Here is my question to all:

In Version 2.0 will it finally be fixed that the OUTBOUND Queue will not get scanned for offending keywords? It is by far the most rediculous idea ever to filter the OUTBOUND queue. Everyone who authenticates should be able to send anything they want. Filtering that email is a terrible idea.

Will this be fixed once and for all? :?: :?: :D :D

PeterWebb

Couldn't agree more

Post by PeterWebb »

I have found the same 'outbound filtering' to be a direct hinderance in my sales productivity.

I was about to post this same topic until I found this one. Thanks Rooey123 for bringing this up. I wonder how many others have this problem.

Outbound filtering is an awful and foul idea.

Please address this. :D

streetdebate

It is completely foolish to filter Outbound

Post by streetdebate »

This has been source of frustration for quite some time now. It is presposterous and I think Rooey123 did the right thing by creating a poll so we can see just how many people agree with us.

Rooey123 and I should work together and be friends. We have similar interests and likes. I like long walks on the beach...so does Rooey123. Rooey 123 likes puppies...so do I. Rooey123 thinks filtering outbound emails sucks...so do I. It's a match made in heaven. Call me. Let's chat. We should be friends and work together. That would be great.

Rooey123

Post by Rooey123 »

Hey Street....kinda creepy....

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

Try to set up a filter and make it the first in the list or below all filters that you want to be processed for all ussers;

Criteria - Where message is FROM
- Enter all your domains *@domain.com in the list

Action - Stop processing filters

This should work for any version, and stop all outbound mail from your domains being filtered.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

rpsmith

Post by rpsmith »

a little off topic but is there any way to setup a filter that would remove all attachments, excluding a list of allowed ones like: .doc, xls, txt, etc. I would also like the removed attachments move to a folder on the mail server and some text added to the message indicating the attachment had been removed. Exchange has a similar feature but you have to list ALL the attachments you want removed and not just the few you don't want to remove.

Also, I'm running Enterprise Edition (if that matters) and looking for a ME way of doing this not a third party solution.
Roy...

Rooey123

Post by Rooey123 »

Ben,

I have Enterprise on one of our servers. I checked - "Where the sender has authenticated" (instead of listing out hundres of domain names), stop processing filters, and that didn't work.

Any ideas?

jangarella

Filtering outbound messages

Post by jangarella »

I disagree that authenticated users should be able to send whatever they want.

I host mail for many customers and I don't want them to be able to SPAM others. If they are allowed to do that, the IP addresses of my SMTP servers, as well as any smart hosts, can easily end up on a blacklist.

Recently I had to work for over a week to get one of my IP addresses removed from the Road Runner blacklist simply because a Road Runner customer reported one of my customer's newsletters as SPAM. Luckily, I was able to ensure that the newsletter (double opt in) was not unsolicited.

Another scenario... a mailbox owner gets a blaster type of virus and they send SPAM without even knowing about it. Shouldn't we have a mechanism in place for dealing with that? I think we should. While I don't want to get into my customer's day-to-day business affairs, I do owe it to them to filter out any offending outgoing messages.

My two cents...

Joe Angarella

crnunez

Post by crnunez »

:arrow: Please remove the filter for the Outbound.
In Version 2.0 will it finally be fixed that the OUTBOUND Queue will not get scanned for offending keywords? It is by far the most rediculous idea ever to filter the OUTBOUND queue. Everyone who authenticates should be able to send anything they want. Filtering that email is a terrible idea.
I'm totally agree with this comment. :!:
Regards,
Robert N.
Zona Hosting - Hosting y Servicios Profesionales en Internet.

crnunez

Post by crnunez »

I think that the best solution is: This option should be totally optional for the user. The user can be deciding if want to apply the filter or not for the outbound queue.
Regards,
Robert N.
Zona Hosting - Hosting y Servicios Profesionales en Internet.

Rooey123

Post by Rooey123 »

I agree it should be an option. Deleting legitmate emails because of an offending keyword causes real problems. But it needs to get setup quickly! It has been years.