bad mail to outbound

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
jess

bad mail to outbound

Post by jess »

Anyone know how to use it?

paarlberg

Post by paarlberg »

I created this little script that works great... It is created to stop and restart both the ME SMTP and MS DNS on the local box.. It moves all "Bad Mail" to the outbound queue and then waits 15 seconds and deletes any new Bad Mail folder contents. You will have some of the mails that are rejected immediately and placed back into the BadMail folder. These are deleted so they are not processed again.

You will need a ultility called sleep.exe which is widely available on the web and in MS Resource kits.

Code: Select all

echo off
rem
echo 		Clean Mail Enable Bad Mail Folder Utility
echo			February 12, 2004
rem

echo off

IF EXIST "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Bad Mail\*.mai" goto clean
IF ERRORLEVEL 0 goto nobad

:clean
move "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Bad Mail\*.mai" "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Queues\SMTP\Outgoing"
move "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Bad Mail\messages\*.mai" "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Queues\SMTP\Outgoing\messages"
goto merestart

:merestart
net stop "MailEnable SMTP Connector"
net start "MailEnable SMTP Connector"
sleep 15
goto clearbad

:clearbad
del "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Bad Mail\*.mai"
del "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Bad Mail\messages\*.mai"
goto dns

:nobad
net stop "MailEnable SMTP Connector"
net start "MailEnable SMTP Connector"
goto dns

:dns
net stop "DNS Server"
net start "DNS Server"
goto end

:end
echo task completed successfully

larmib.com

Bad Mail delete or move

Post by larmib.com »

I wrote two simple vb apps.
1) Delete's bad mail completely
2) moves bad mail to smtp-outbound

The first one is the best because you don't want to move forever looping mail back into your smtp outbound folder to be relooped untl (IF) mail enable catches it.

The second one simply moves it to the smtp-outbond folder. You can download them for free at http://larmib.com/index.asp?Site=Programs

RowaN

Post by RowaN »

What exactly is bad mail, and why does Mailenable store it? Why do you need to write a seperate program to delete bad mail.. you can just highlight it and press delete. Why would you want to move it to smtp-outbound? Sorry for so many questions, I'm new to Mailenable and just trying to figure out the various ways it handles stuff. Thanks guys.

wisp

Post by wisp »

I have the same questions as RowaN. Could some experts please answer? I have no virus scanner, but I see many MAI in my badmail folder. Thanks.

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

The most common reason for messages ending up in the BadMail folder is through message looping or if a non-delivery report/ delivery status notification message cannot be delivered.

ie: system generated messages that are not able to be delivered go into badmail.
Regards, Andrew

jimmy45

Re: bad mail to outbound

Post by jimmy45 »

yeah what's that problem ? why i didn't get any notification or message report ? where is messages folder :lol:
Last edited by jimmy45 on Mon May 09, 2016 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Go Green

Seppy

Post by Seppy »

blue7floyd

Post by blue7floyd »

This is one of the software that serves to be highly useful. Any bad mail can be completely moved into trash without affecting any other part of your mail. It sends the bad mail to the outbound SMTP and helps maintain our clean database. http://ezasseenontv.com/