Message delivery has been delayed. Hotmail, yahoo etc reject

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
pranamedia

rejected emails

Post by pranamedia »

Hey guys, this forum has been great since I'm having the same problems and am new to all of this. can anyone tell me where I would go within mail enable to make these settings changes? thanks, ron

Ron Crose
http://www.pranamedia.com

saimshah

having the same problem

Post by saimshah »

I jusy installed mailenable professional and now I am unable to send messages to yahoo and hotmail accounts. I am getting the the following error

Communications Error: Socket connection to mx3.mail.yahoo.com failed (error 10060). The host was either not contactable or it rejected your connection.

please someone help me.. I have done as instructed by other guys in the previous posts but no luck..
saimshah

Quattrohead

Post by Quattrohead »

I am connected to the WWW with a home cable modem and was having these problems to yahoo, hotmail, ATT, AOL etc. I setup smarthost as discribed here.
"If you are running on a cable/DSL connection, be aware that you are also likely to be blocked from sending email. To overcome this issue, you may need to smarthost your mail through your ISPs SMTP server (which will have a fixed IP address). Please see: Article ME020138"
Not sure how long this will work so YMMV. I can get a business connection with fixed IP so may do so in the future.

Any input on if its worth getting a block of 5 IP's for hosting multiple domains email and webs ?

sduncan

transient problems sending to yahoo and hotmail

Post by sduncan »

I have been getting delivery errors on hotmail.com and yahoo.com addresses. I get errors like the following:

Recipient: [SMTP:bauer_paola@hotmail.com]
Reason: The message could not be delivered because the domain name (hotmail.com) does not appear to be valid.

If I try it again later it works just fine. This is a new problem so I don't think it's a configuration issue as I haven't changed much in my config for some time now. I took a look through the knowledge base but couldn't find anything that would explain it. Any thoughts?

pranamedia

delay messages

Post by pranamedia »

I was still getting that delayed message even though I had adjusted my settings in the smtp properites. I finally checked the box that said 'never send delay notification' because it still was not working even after I changed my figures. I did stop and start the smtp, but it didnt seem to do anything. am I supposed to restart the server?

here are my settings:
First Retry - 5
Second Retry - 15
Third Retry - 25
Subsequent - 180
Failed Lifetime - 30 hours

Is this normal for message delivery delay to companies like yahoo, hotmail, aol, etc?? seems like it always fails the first time.

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

sduncan - check your dns settings it looks like you cannot resolve hotmail or your dns is timing out.

For anyone else having problems sending to hotmail, yahoo or any other major ISPs then always check this article first even before trying anything in this forum thread;

http://www.mailenable.com/kb/viewarticl ... 020003.htm
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

sduncan

Post by sduncan »

My DNS settings look fine. In fact, I'm running DNS on the mailenable server and this has not been a problem until the recent upgrade a few weeks ago.

I am not getting the problems consistently and it's not just those domains it's various domains. I just picked one of the ones you would know exists.

If I try it again in a minute or less, it'll go through. These aren't delays, these are rejects.

On the Mailenable server I'm running win2k's DNS and on my other server I'm running a version of dns&bind. I also have my isp's DNS server in the lookup. I don't see where I'd change timeouts in DNS and it's been running fine for over a year.

Toepes

Post by Toepes »

Same problem overhere. Hundreds of these mails are in the outgoing SMTP. I delete them as soon as i see them. I looked all hosted websites on my server for malicieus mailscipts, PHPbb fora, etc... but can't find where these mails are generated. I think they come from somewhere internally (127.0.0.1).

Gettin'really crazy about this matter as i can't find the course of it. This is a part of a logfile where the messages are sent.

06/02/06 08:59:38 ME-I0018: [460B45CC88E441F2BF2BE7B0FA2933AC.MAI] Outbound message from ([SMTP:devnull@rs-internetservices.nl]) requeued as [2E72DF1301EA4EF190D41E525540BAEE.MAI] to the target domain [yahoo.com]
06/02/06 08:59:38 ME-I0123: Domain [yahoo.com] has MX list [mx1.mail.yahoo.com,mx2.mail.yahoo.com,mx3.mail.yahoo.com,mx4.mail.yahoo.com]
06/02/06 08:59:38 ME-I0026: [2E72DF1301EA4EF190D41E525540BAEE.MAI] Sending message
06/02/06 08:59:38 ME-I0018: [98B6EDD8059442B3973CF6E10C4D9282.MAI] Outbound message from ([SMTP:devnull@rs-internetservices.nl]) requeued as [E500D15BDF2348898E08FF0FD0232AF4.MAI] to the target domain [yahoo.com]
06/02/06 08:59:38 ME-I0123: Domain [yahoo.com] has MX list [mx3.mail.yahoo.com,mx1.mail.yahoo.com,mx2.mail.yahoo.com,mx4.mail.yahoo.com]
06/02/06 08:59:38 ME-I0026: [E500D15BDF2348898E08FF0FD0232AF4.MAI] Sending message
06/02/06 08:59:38 ME-I0018: [D2E30B3A2DE04C34A0F2D8F33E63CE00.MAI] Outbound message from ([SMTP:devnull@rs-internetservices.nl]) requeued as [52EBFE379ED64E9092859BE46E7B8ABF.MAI] to the target domain [yahoo.com]
06/02/06 08:59:38 ME-I0123: Domain [yahoo.com] has MX list [mx2.mail.yahoo.com,mx1.mail.yahoo.com,mx3.mail.yahoo.com,mx4.mail.yahoo.com

Personally I think that it has nothing to do with MailEnable. Reason: A few weeks ago my windows 2003 server was hacked en the server was used for spoofing and on some domains extra websites where installed (Like Bank of America and PayPall looking sites)

Since that time I notice these outgoing messages. I could format the server and restore the domains, but I think the problem will not be solved as there must be something like a script or backdoor that uses the server as mailserver !
so far nothing has been found, but i like to share this information as maybe someone has had the same experience.

gtojon

Post by gtojon »

I still have not installed SP1 on my Windows Server 2003 Web server & use it as my ME server also. I tried installing the SP1 about 18 months ago & after that the Websites would not come up. I just don't do any updates to my server anymore.

pqxl

Post by pqxl »

It's a very dangerous thing to not update your server, thats a sure way of getting "hacked".

gtojon

Support?

Post by gtojon »

Microsoft & Mailanable was of no help at the time & reversed it & have never had a problem! My Web & Mail server have never had a problem. I have seen people experiencing the same problem here, but nver a fix after the serve pack is installed...anybody know what happens after SP1 is installed to stop it all from working? & What is the fix? Most of these patches & fixes look like it could only help you if your surfing from your server or using the server for things you shouldn't be :wink:

pqxl

Post by pqxl »

I havent had any issues with sp1, or any other microsoft patches.

In my experience it's usually people that dont know what they are doing anyway that have problems and saying the things that you do when you are in fact ignoring important security updates unfortunately tells me you are in that category.

Nobody can help you with fuzzy problems like "it doesnt work", what's that ?

gtojon

Your a lot of help!

Post by gtojon »

I was hoping for a real answer to this issue....That was really the only real issue I have had & at the time (18 months ago) I didn't have the time to keep hammering on it. Do you know what you are doing every step of the way? Sometimes the people that are smarter might be a little more careful! They say if it works don't fix it! Besides I'm a photographer & from looking at a lot of these posts....I'm doing a lot better than most!

Try to relax & be a little nicer....sometimes you look better that way :wink:

gtojon

Sorry....I had actually....

Post by gtojon »

replied to the wrong meesage originally! Ok...I'm not perfect! :oops:

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

Search the MailEnable KB I am pretty sure there is an article about SP1 and special permissions that may be required. See if this helps.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.