SMTP Problem - Faulting application MESMTPC.exe

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
minotauro

SMTP Problem - Faulting application MESMTPC.exe

Post by minotauro »

Hello,

My SMTP connector today show many problem, simply stop. When I restart it, the problem in Event Viewer is showing:

"Faulting application MESMTPC.exe, version 1.0.0.11, faulting module MESMTPC.exe, version 1.0.0.11, fault address 0x00032621.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I´m already reinstall the system (MailEnable) but the problem persist. Any suggestion to fix this problem?

Regards,
Minotauro.

janitor

Post by janitor »

Yes i have this problem too.. restart service MESMTP, reboot server & reinstall ME didnt help. Im using lastest 2.11. ... now SMTP service is down.. how can this happens?

Any solution? i need this to be fixed asap because it's my production mail server.

minotauro

Post by minotauro »

janitor wrote:Yes i have this problem too.. restart service MESMTP, reboot server & reinstall ME didnt help. Im using lastest 2.11. ... now SMTP service is down.. how can this happens?

Any solution? i need this to be fixed asap because it's my production mail server.
Hello janitor,

My problem is a attack on my SMTP service. Possible, you problem is the same. I recomend that you check the logs and find the IP that cause this problem and block it.

I open a ticket in MailEnable Support and they check my logs and now send the problem to developement team.

Regards,
Minotauro.

BrandywineITS

Same Problem Here.

Post by BrandywineITS »

My machine cannot be down for longer than a few minutes. I backed up ME, uninstalled 1.79 Pro, reinstalled 1.77. This will have to do until ME gets the bug worked out with 1.79

DaRocker22

Post by DaRocker22 »

Have you tried using the hotfix for the SMTP crash thats on the hotfix page dated Jun 24th, to see if that fixes your problem.

BrandywineITS

Post by BrandywineITS »

No, I did not try the HotFix, thank you for pointing that out. This is probably a good weekend to test it as it is a holiday in the US. I'll post back when I get results one way or the other. Thanks again.

BrandywineITS

Post by BrandywineITS »

I reinstalled 1.79 Pro and installed teh HotFix. The server has been up for a few days now without issue. Thanks for your input, I wouldn't have seen the HotFix had you not pointed it out. Thanks again.