bayesian ham/spam count in tray won't update

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
martkla

bayesian ham/spam count in tray won't update

Post by martkla »

hello everyone,

i have upgraded from pro to enterprise 2.0 and i'm currently trying to get the bayes filter to work. i'm merging the dictionary at least once a day. the dictionary gets updated correctly, but the "bayesian dict. ham" and "bayesian dict. spam" info in the tray application just doesn't update - even if i restart the mta agent or reboot the machine.

the first line in the tab-file looks like this at the moment:

Token 312 312

but the tray application says:

Bayesian Dict. Ham: 257
Bayesian Dict. Spam: 256

these numbers were correct some days ago, but now they just won't update any more.

i have already made sure i'm using the correct tab-file in the bayesian filter properties. i have also found out that those values seem to be stored in the registry. but i just can't figure out why they won't update in the tray application. any ideas?

thanks a lot. martin.

lschafroth

Post by lschafroth »

Mine always says 1897 HAM.

It has nothing for SPAM. Never has.

LS

rockinthesixstring

Post by rockinthesixstring »

i think this is a general problem across the board, and hopefully the Dev's are working on it. it does not effect the functionality of the Bayesian filter.
Chase
Server 2008 Standard (x64)
ME Ent 6.51 (SQL Server 2008 Config)
ASSP 1.9

martkla

Post by martkla »

ok, so the tray just shows some wrong numbers, but filtering works with the latest dictionary, right?

sorry for opening a new topic - i've been searching around here quite a while, but haven't found an answer to my problem before.

TBPrince

Post by TBPrince »

Same problem here. Dictionary seems to grow but tray won't update. Hope that will be fixed soon.

rockinthesixstring

turn ON autotraining but leave the Spam and Ham address areas empty. this will make the tray update and will still NOT effect the functionality of the Bayesian Filter
Chase
ASSP 1.9

TBPrince

Post by TBPrince »

TBPrince wrote:
rockinthesixstring wrote:turn ON autotraining but leave the Spam and Ham address areas empty. this will make the tray update and will still NOT effect the functionality of the Bayesian Filter
Thank you rockinthesixstring! This is working perfectly! :D
UOOPS! Not working, actually. If I enable autolearning and leave addresses empty my dictionary will get trimmed everytime I restart MTA agent. Even if more tokens where added by batch file, dictionary will trim. I had to disable autolearning. :oops:

logiconn

Post by logiconn »

UOOPS! Not working, actually. If I enable autolearning and leave addresses empty my dictionary will get trimmed everytime I restart MTA agent. Even if more tokens where added by batch file, dictionary will trim. I had to disable autolearning.
The dictionary runs in memory of the MTA service in auto training mode, so you need to stop MTA service before running your manual update, and then restart it after the update. Run a net stop before your mespamcmd -m and then net start right after it in your batch file, and then you can happily run autotraining and your manual updates.

NET STOP MEMTAS

mespamcmd -m "c:\.............." " " " "

NET START MEMTAS

You don't need the 'mespamcmd -r' anymore either, as the autotraining mode will load the dictionary when the service starts.

rockinthesixstring

yes ... if you dont do this, the manual training will run and then the MTA will reset it back to the old dictionary.
Chase
ASSP 1.9