Massive email sending problem

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
Plusstudio

Massive email sending problem

Post by Plusstudio »

I'm working since 2004 with the Standard version of Mailenable without problems on my own server (win 2003 web edition), but using an external mailserver for every newsletter sending or anything that is more 500 messages. I've just installed a Professional version 2.2 in evaluate mode, thinking about improving the whole messaging system with webmail, bayesian and virus filtering and so on, but here come some problems. I was wondering not to need any more the external mailserver to send my newsletter, that actually is still pretty small, nearly 6000 subscribers, but I'm experiencing some problems with Mailenable SMTP.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. ME-E0125: Connection Refused: (62.149.226.224) was refused because the inbound connection limit has been reached.

This error seems to kill a big part of the outgoing emails, generated by the newsletter script that is actually working through
PersitsEmail component. The script is this one:

Code: Select all

while (!User.EOF ) {

if (!User.EOF) {

var email= User.Fields.Item("User_Mail").Value;
		var username= User.Fields.Item("User_Name").Value;

var mail = Server.CreateObject("Persits.MailSender")
		mail.Username = "**********"
		mail.Password = "**********"
		mail.Host = "62.149.226.224"  
		mail.Port = "25" 
		mail.FromName = "GRAFFITI SHOP - Servizio newsletter"
		mail.From = "newsletter@graffitishop.it";
		mail.AddAddress(email);
		mail.Subject = String(Request.Form("titolo")) + " - Newsletter n°"+index+" del "+data
		htmlok=html.replace(/_email_/i,email)
		htmlok=htmlok.replace(/_nomeutente_/i,username)
		mail.Body = htmlok
		mail.IsHTML = true
		try {
			mail.Send();
		}
		catch(er) {
			Response.Write("Error: " + email + "<br>")
		}
		mail = null;

User.MoveNext();

}

}
It's perfectly working with my external mailserver, so I assume there's no problem with it, what I'm thinking about is the 'Maximum
number of concurrent connections', by default is setted to 15. The questions are:

- Could it create any problem to set it at 99999 to avoid any more problems with this error?
- What's happen to the outgoing message after this error? Is it trashed cause of the refused connection or Mailenable put it in somewhere waiting to have free connections to process it?
- How a professional mail server can work with so few connections by default, is that something that I'm misunderstanding?

2. The queue list remains blocked for hours.

Actually the timeout for remote servers is setted at 1000 seconds by defaut. I have problems with this domain 'libero.it' that is one of the biggest email and connectivity provider in Italy, so a lot of my newsletter subscribers have emails under this domain. The outgoing emails to this domain reamains for a lot of minutes in the queue. Their status is 'sending'. But they block all the rest of the queue as soon ten of these emails going to libero.it take place in one of the available sending threads of Mailenable (10 as by default). I've tryed to raise this value up to 100 and the timeout fro remote servers at 5 seconds and it helps to send out all the messages in the queue, but I'd like anyway to understand what's the real problem with this domain.

- Could the settings I've tryed create some problems to my mailserver? (timeout for remote server: 5 seconds. Sending threads:100)

- Can you suggest me how to investigate in the log to understand what's the problem with this domain 'libero.it' ?

Any kind of help is really appreciated, thanks for your time.

Plusstudio

Post by Plusstudio »

Anyone can help me out?
Anyone from ME staff is giving support through this forum?
Thank you

Plusstudio

Post by Plusstudio »

Anyone can help me out?
Anyone from ME staff is giving support through this forum?
Thank you

scngan

Post by scngan »

hi there,
i think increasing the inbound concurrent will help in your case.
Try to send support request to ME support if you need a very clear guide.
http://www.mailenable.com/support.asp