Receiving Multiple of the same email.

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
FrogSkin

Post by FrogSkin »

I have MailEnable Pro (latest release) and I have an issue where alot of the emails I receive Im receiving multiple times.

Its almost like the sending mailserver fails to acknowledge the message was sent successfully and therefore keeps trying.

Any ideas ?

Cheers
FrogSkin

labsy

Post by labsy »

Weird.
Few days ago same issue here! Las time I remember to receive duplicate mails was few years ago, but since then I had no such problems. Until now.
I am running Pro 2.36
Windows Hosting Sollutions Provider
http://www.hostmachine.net

Torben Riis

Post by Torben Riis »

Hi,

I have customer that complains about he is getting the same mail multiple times from mailing lists. It is mailing lists from IBM & OKI. He contacted Oki and they told him that it was my mail server that looses the connection, which causes their mail server to resend the mail. I have just experienced the same with mails from a Danish flight company, but I really don't think my server looses the connection. Then I would have problems with web and remote backups as well....

Any suggestions?

/Torben Riis
Regards
Torben Riis

labsy

Post by labsy »

I just closed my Torrent client and duplicate mail phenomena stopped :D
Windows Hosting Sollutions Provider
http://www.hostmachine.net

benny

Duplicate Emails

Post by benny »

Hi
I have had the same problem from time to time, dont know what the cause is but I restart the server running Mail Enable and the probblem disappears. Its happened about 4 times over the past 6 months

idfrmail

Post by idfrmail »

Same problem with me here but rarely happen. I'm using Mail Enable Enterprise Edition version 2.36.

Is someone here using v2.37? Is it resolve the issue???

Plusstudio

Post by Plusstudio »

We are having the same problem, a ton of the same email and it seems that it only affect newsletters, could you please give us some suggestion to solve this question? It's becoming a bit embarassing with our customers, thank you.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Firstly I would strongly recommend upgrading to the latest version of MailEnable Professional 2.37.

Once upgraded navigate to the SMTP properties and ensure that under the option for "reverse URL blacklisting" you only have the following blacklist configured "spamhausSBL-XBL".

If the problem persists after reviewing the above then ensure that no MTA pickup events are enabled and that resident AV filtering is disabled. More information can be found in the following KB article: http://www.mailenable.com/kb/Content/Ar ... D=me020470

regards,

MailEnable Support.

idfrmail

Post by idfrmail »

upgraded to version 2.37 and it's resolve the issue. thanks! :D