Duplicate Emails

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
ChrisO

Duplicate Emails

Post by ChrisO »

I am reciving loads of dupolicate emails - sometimes 3 or five of the same emails.

Has anyone got the same problem?

benny

Duplicate Emails

Post by benny »

Hi I had the same problem at one point, I applied available updates and then rebooted the server. Every now and again the problem recurs all I do is shut down the server and start it up again

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

I have been getting this a little lately, but looking at my SMTP logs, it is where spammers are sending multiple copies, so its not a ME issue on my server.

ChrisO

Post by ChrisO »

I Also applied all the necessary patches. But the problem is occurring more frequently. The duplicates are all legit emails.

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

Can you see where they are duplicating from.

Its it when they are getting delivered into the SMTP connector or is it when they are processed via the MTA.

The log files should tell you this.

SICK

Post by SICK »

I am also having the same problem. I am getting 4-5 copies of good mail. Some of my customers are also having this issue. I am using a few filters for some domains but even domains without fitlers are getting duplicates.

kobus

Post by kobus »

If it’s a local account you can view the log files to see if the email was sent more than once from the client's computer to your mail server.

Ensure that the email did not get stuck in the user's outbox and that the 'email scanning' (outgoing) functionality of the users anti-virus program is disabled as this is most of the times the cause of emails being duplicated from the mail client to the mail server.

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

Also make sure you are running the latest version with the 10030 SMTP hotfix. This will ensure you are not subjected to the URL blacklist lookup timing out and creating duplicates.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

telecomputers

81 duplicates and still coming

Post by telecomputers »

Upgraded to 2.38 last night in order to get rid of that annoying updates pop-up that didn't work and now we have started getting the same email delivered more than 85 times. The same message just keeps getting sent to us twice a minute or so. Can't seem to find anything in the queues or see anything that might cause it to keep looping.

Any ideas? We have restarted eveything except the entire server. I guess that is next thing to try.
j@mes

MEpro 10.20
JAM Software - SpamAssassin in a Box

telecomputers

Update on issue - resolved

Post by telecomputers »

Resolved this issue - it turns out the customer had the message stuck in his Outlook outbox - must be some type of infection or corrupt PST file issue.

We found this by putting a filter onto the top of the filter list to trap any new email with this subject line. We found the messages were arriving as new messages (two or three a minute) and nothing was stuck inside any of the queues of ME.

When we contacted the customer he looked inside his Outlook outbox and found the message still sitting there.
j@mes

MEpro 10.20
JAM Software - SpamAssassin in a Box