POP Retrieval mailbox configuration problems

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
Craig Emmitt

POP Retrieval mailbox configuration problems

Post by Craig Emmitt »

Windows XP Professional with all updates/patches
MailEnable Standard v1.5010, Professional v0.16
ME installed on a FAT32 volume

Whenever I select the "POP Retrieval" tab in the properties of a mailbox I immediately get an error message box that says "MEAdminPOPC, Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface." After clicking "OK" (the only option available) and adding a POP Retrieval item another error pops up that says "MEAdminPOPC, Run-time error '430': Class does support Automation or does not support expected interface <OK>"

After OK'ing the second error message MMC aborts when I close the mailbox properties window. XP gives the following details on the MMC error:
Microsoft Management Console
Error signature
AppName: mmc.exe AppVer: 5.1.2600.0 ModName: mssnapr.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2259.1 Offset: 000238e9

I have uninstalled/reinstalled both ME Standard and Professional but the problem persists...

Thanks!

Craig Emmitt

Craig Emmitt

Post by Craig Emmitt »

Uh oh, I'm the only one! :shock:

:D

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have found a problem with the POP Retrieval admin, and are working to fix this now. There should be a fix posted soon that will resolve the issue.

browser

Not the only one

Post by browser »

Is there an estimate on when this will be fixed?

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have recently updated the version on our website that fixes issues with the installation of the Professional version with regard ot the MMC plugin (was last night). If you can download the new version, this should fix the problem. Be aware that the new version of the Professional also requires the new version of the Standard to be installed.

browser

Post by browser »

Unfortunately, I had downloaded the newest version of both, and still get the message. However, upon looking further, I noticed that when I go to the mailenable listing on the program bar there are two instances of the mailenable mmc, and one instance of the mail professional mmc. Do I need to clear off everything and start from scratch?

Baxie

Pop retrieval configuration

Post by Baxie »

Ok i get exactly the same error message as Craig Emmitt who originated this post..

I have mailenable installed on a windows 2000 server. Everything else is just fine but i can not configure pop retrieval from either web or mmc.

I to downloaded latest versions and totally removed the older version but still same error.

I think that their is an issue with the install for mailenable profesional as it creates two shortcuts to the mmc admin snapin but the profesional one seems to point to the wrong location, redirect and all is ok.

timscole

POP Retrieval Problem - ME TOO!

Post by timscole »

I have the same problem as described above on my Windows 2000 Server. I have today (23/07/02) downloaded the latest versions of Standard and Pro and still have the problem - any ideas any one?

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have posted a hotfix on the following page which should fix this problem. We'll be updating our download page with the new fixes shortly, if you don't want to install a hotfix. Please email us at support@mailenable.com if this fix does not work for you.

http://www.mailenable.com/hotfix/

Details for the installation are on this page.

browser

Post by browser »

That solved the problem for me. Fantastic program, really.