spam overcome greylist function

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.

Agree spam mail overcome greylist features ?

Yes
20%
No
80%

Total votes: 5

scngan

spam overcome greylist function

Post by scngan »

seems like most of the spammail already overcome greylist this features.
Most of them will retry and send the mail.

Do you feel it in your server?

I feel it in my server. When we start to implement, we manage to reduce most of the spam mail including those with images. Now all are back again.... :cry:

Have to used back to old script filtering.

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

Try and reduce the amount of days that the IP-username is remembered maybe you have this set too high.

It is also possible that you are not getting spammed by rogue machines as much as period spammers with this the case you should check your logs as you may find that only a couple of IPs are sending you spam and as such you can block them at the SMTP access control section.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

scngan

Post by scngan »

MailEnable-Ben wrote:Try and reduce the amount of days that the IP-username is remembered maybe you have this set too high.

It is also possible that you are not getting spammed by rogue machines as much as period spammers with this the case you should check your logs as you may find that only a couple of IPs are sending you spam and as such you can block them at the SMTP access control section.
hmmm..the problem is their IP was not the fixed...all the IP are differnet.
I set my cleanup agent to cleanup every 48hours.
Still monitoring the status. :cry:

rockinthesixstring

Post by rockinthesixstring »

The greylisting has reduced my spam TenFold. It has also helped with the Bandwidth usage on my server, as my server is no longer accepting email from every Tom Dick and Harry Spammer.
Chase
Server 2008 Standard (x64)
ME Ent 6.51 (SQL Server 2008 Config)
ASSP 1.9

json

Post by json »

Gerylisting has almost killed all spam going to my server (knock on wood). I might get one or two a week. Before I got 20-30-40 each day (on my own account, thousands on the server).

regards,
Steen