MMC Seems very unstable in Professional 1.1

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
Alyson_J

MMC Seems very unstable in Professional 1.1

Post by Alyson_J »

I have just installed Professional Version 1.1

I am getting a lot of odd MMC Errors:

Diagnose won't work from within the MMC but runs fine externally. If this fails it throws up errors such as Snap in failed to initialise. When this fails I then get messages such as cannot save the console when trying to save the settings.

If I change to say look at the logs I get ActiveX component cannot create object - snap in failed to initialise.

If I close and don't save the MMC exits - if I reopen it and don't touch the diagnose option then everything is fine.

I am running .net server 2003 RC1 - I had upgraded to RC2 but the previous version just would run properly and I have not upgraded to RC2 again, as I am waiting final release version.

I installed with all the mail services turned off, no virus guard or firewall running.

I mail the diagnostic report to support separately

Any ideas

Regards

Aly
Aly

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

These issues are most likely to do with the registration of mailenable admin dlls. You could try copying the batch file from http://www.mailenable.com/utilities/ReRegCOMDLLs.bat to your C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Bin Folder and executing it.
Regards, Andrew

Alyson_J

Post by Alyson_J »

Hi Dave

Thanks for that. I did exactly that but still no change - diagnose still won't work - I can run diagnostics outside the mmc ok.

Did you get the diagnostics - looks like the server sent them - would be from postmaster@grrlfriends.org?
Aly

puzzled

Post by puzzled »

Could it be that you are opening the mmc with a dated link? The 1.1 mmc has a new name ending in Pro vice Professional.

Alyson_J

Post by Alyson_J »

I think you've got it spot on.

I was accessing the pro mmc from the program group and would have thought the install program would put the right one there.

I went into the program bin folder and opened the one you suggested the one ending in professional and it worked.

So the wrong version is linked to from the program group - wonder why that is - any one else had that problem?
Aly

puzzled

Post by puzzled »

Sorry, but the new one is Pro, the old was Professional.

Alyson_J

Post by Alyson_J »

thanks for that

OK so was using right one - the pro version of the mmc is not happy
Aly

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

Good find - obviously the install should have removed the old MSC.
Regards, Andrew

puzzled

Post by puzzled »

We just installed Pro 1.102, but first deleted the Start Menu links and all (three different) .msc's in the ME\bin folder. After installation we found:
1) The bin folder is no longer used for the MMC file.
2) The current ME Pro MMC runs:
C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\MailEnable Professional.msc
So belay my assertion above and modify any Desktop and/or Quick Launch links to use this path.