IMAP + Outlook - mails appear in inbox days after being sent

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
taylort

Post by taylort »

Smurf wrote:taylort, what version of IMAP are your running? If it's fixed the issue very keen to ensure we're running the latest release.
It's the ME IMAP beta. I don't think it's publicly released yet. Email ME and ask them for it if you don't have it already.

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

Hi,
There is an updated service at this following link this service should overcome messages not displaying in folders including sent items. Please change to the new service using the steps below and let us know of any issues you find.

Download new service from:
http://www.mailenable.com/beta/meimaps_080422.zip

IMAP
- Stop the IMAP service
- Open the following folder;
Program Files\MailEnable\Bin
- Rename the old IMAP service from MEIMAPS.exe to 18-04-meimaps.exe (In case there is a rollback required)
- Extract the zipped meimaps.exe service to the \Program Files\MailEnable\Bin directory
- Extract the zipped Microsoft.VC90.CRT.manifest file to the \Program Files\MailEnable\Bin directory
- Extract the zipped msvcm90.dll file to the \Program Files\MailEnable\Bin directory (replace if asked)
- Extract the zipped msvcp90.dll file to the \Program Files\MailEnable\Bin directory (replace if asked)
- Extract the zipped msvcr90.dll file to the \Program Files\MailEnable\Bin directory (replace if asked)
- Start the IMAP service
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

MrByte

Post by MrByte »

I have been using this version for 2 weeks without issues at all...
.MrByte

taylort

Post by taylort »

Seems I spoke too soon. The exact same thing just happened to me with the new IMAP service.

7 'new' emails just popped in my inbox from the past two weeks.

PLEASE fix this!

MrByte

Post by MrByte »

I've had absolutely no issues so far....
.MrByte

taylort

Post by taylort »

taylort wrote:Seems I spoke too soon. The exact same thing just happened to me with the new IMAP service.

7 'new' emails just popped in my inbox from the past two weeks.

PLEASE fix this!
This just happened again 2 minutes ago. 4 new unread messages from earlier today and yesterday just 'popped' into my inbox.

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

Can you please reply to your earlier support ticket or start a new one with the following;

The IMAP logs for a day where this occurred.
The _index.xml file from the inbox when these message suddenly show up. The index file location is;

Program Files\MailEnable\Post Offices\[Post Office Name]\Mailroot\[Mailbox Name]\Inbox

Also give us the MAI message files of the messages that suddenly show up from the same location of send through the subject and any other header details you can.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

taylort

Post by taylort »

MailEnable-Ben wrote:Can you please reply to your earlier support ticket or start a new one with the following;

The IMAP logs for a day where this occurred.
The _index.xml file from the inbox when these message suddenly show up. The index file location is;

Program Files\MailEnable\Post Offices\[Post Office Name]\Mailroot\[Mailbox Name]\Inbox

Also give us the MAI message files of the messages that suddenly show up from the same location of send through the subject and any other header details you can.
I will do that as soon as it happens again as I don't remember the MAIs for the last time it happened.

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

Thats fine thanks.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

rockinthesixstring

Post by rockinthesixstring »

I would like to go on the record that I have noticed this behavior as well. I am using ME Enterprise 3.14
Chase
Server 2008 Standard (x64)
ME Ent 6.51 (SQL Server 2008 Config)
ASSP 1.9

AHDOnline

Post by AHDOnline »

I too am having this exact problem. I see the message coming in via the logs, see it delivered to Inbox, but dont get it. I do find the mai file in the inbox directory however.

I attempted to put the patch in place but my ME would not start

taylort

Post by taylort »

This has happened again with 7 'new' messages showing as unread in my inbox today that were actually received as far back as three weeks ago.

There may be a pattern (or coincidence) but 6 out of the 7 messages were status updates/notifications from Basecamp.

Anyhow, I have submitted a defect trouble ticket with the information and logs that you guys requested a few posts above.

Smurf

Post by Smurf »

To add to the problems. We're running the latest possible IMAP (roughly 2 weeks old) and have seen the IMAP at 100% CPU and it's been creating 60Gb logfiles for a few days. We only have max 5-10 mailboxes using it. This is also on a relatively new OS install.

This service is the achilles heel of Mailenable. We have used their IMAP for 4-5 years and it's never worked reliably.

Shame as ME has so much potential.

taylort

Post by taylort »

For the love of all things holy, will you guys please post an update or resolution for this? It just happened again. 9 "new" emails popped in from the last 3 weeks. Now I have to go back and contact these clients and explain what happened. Needless to say, it doesn't reflect well on us at all.

I never heard so much as a "Thanks, we are looking into this" to my last support request where I took the time to compile all of the information you needed. I'm not going to devote another 30-40 minutes to compile additional information if the original time was wasted.

Why is this not at the top of your development queue? PLEASE FIX THIS!

rockinthesixstring

Post by rockinthesixstring »

taylort is right... this issue needs high priority. I realize that RC1 of Beta 3.5 is under production... is it going to fix the problem?

C'mon ME, I love the product but some of these issues need to be addressed in public to please the masses.
Chase
Server 2008 Standard (x64)
ME Ent 6.51 (SQL Server 2008 Config)
ASSP 1.9