Does anyone ever get a serial # from MEFILTER????

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
lschafroth

Does anyone ever get a serial # from MEFILTER????

Post by lschafroth »

I have paid them over three weeks ago. All I see in their support forums is TONS of people very upset that they are ignored. They pay and never get a serial for their product.

I asked for a serial and he refunded my money. I sent the money BACK saying I wanted the product, not a refund. Since then NOTHING. No emails, no support ticket responses.

Anyone ever get this product installed or is it dead?

Lannie

bmsbms

Post by bmsbms »

Lannie,

The product is great - does the job and is in a constant state of development.

While not an ideal circumstance, this is not Martyn's "full time job" and consequently sometimes it can take a bit longer to issue serials etc. particularly if he is out of the country.

Certainly one of the biggest problems experienced by Martyn are potential users who have NOT white listed the MEFilter addy, resulting in may bounces.

I'm not suggesting this is the case with your circumstance, but please do persevere, it will be worth it.

I have been a long time user of MEF and would not want to revert back to a "squillion" spam hitting us every day.

swasi

Post by swasi »

hi,
mefilter is very good product, but you try spamword Council that is really cool!

I use spamword and are satisfied!
Hello

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

Lannie,

I deal with serial requests as often as I could. As of the weekend just gone (3rd May) there were no outstanding requests.

I replied to all emails and sent out all serial numbers.

9 times out of 10, when this happens is because you have blocked or bounced my emails, if that happens there is nothing I can do.

As for TONS of people upset, if you work out the percentages of people its a very small number. Normally its not a issue of mine and everyone who has ever asked got a serial number or a refund. I have never ignored anyone.

lschafroth

Post by lschafroth »

I fyou would have actually read my emails you would know that I already told you that your domain is whitelisted on my system and I have never seen any attempt for your server to send me an email with a serial number.

You state I have never given you the domain name and email to register with. I went back and found 17 emails where I supplied JUST THAT information, without a peep from you. I even used your ticket system to supply the information 3 more times so we coudl rule out email being blocked.

I even gave you 3 different emails to send to if they are being blocked. I even gave you a phone number to call.

NOTHING after three weeks.

Pretty pathetic support.

Lannie

lschafroth

Post by lschafroth »

swasi wrote:hi,
mefilter is very good product, but you try spamword Council that is really cool!

I use spamword and are satisfied!
Hello
I will check that out. Thank you. I most certainly wont ever be using MeFilter. Just spoke to a few people that have the same experience I've had and the list goes on. He's really digging himself a hole.

I will check out SpamWord right now. Thanks!!

Lannie

hkF1fan

Post by hkF1fan »

maybe you should ask a bit more polite - if he sent his email out and you did not receive it, something is wrong somewhere
Been using mefilter for a few years now, and it does what it says it would do.
Occasionally I have a problem, then I can even ask to RDC to my server to check settings and make suggestions to improve the system.
thumbs up for me;

lschafroth

Post by lschafroth »

hkF1fan wrote:maybe you should ask a bit more polite - if he sent his email out and you did not receive it, something is wrong somewhere
Been using mefilter for a few years now, and it does what it says it would do.
Occasionally I have a problem, then I can even ask to RDC to my server to check settings and make suggestions to improve the system.
thumbs up for me;
I was polite for the first two weeks. Then he returned my money without me asking him to. I then gave him another chance and said I wanted the product and was willing to wait. But after several attempts at communication and offering him several ways to contact me and being ignored, it got old.

Very , VERY poor customer support. Now, in his defense he did give me the serial number (only after going public) and upgraded it for me at no extra cost. I will take that in good faith and see how this install goes.

Lannie

netsetandgo2008

Post by netsetandgo2008 »

This sounds all to familiar - don't install it, it's spyware.

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

Its not spyware, so don't even start that one.

And I will state once again, I still have a couple of people, who have sent me payments and then bounce every email I have sent.

I even sent emails via Paypal and that got bouned also.

mdj1

Post by mdj1 »

Also been waiting two weeks!
Regards.

Mark

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

Mark, I replied and answered all email at the weekend for all serial numbers and sent out 6.

mdj1

Post by mdj1 »

Hi Martyn

I've PM'd you so hopefully we can get this sorted.
Regards.

Mark

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

I have sent the serial.

Looking back through my support system which gets the emails and logs them from paypal, it has not got the paypal details logged, so I can only guess I did not get it or blocked it (which sometimes happens).

mdj1

Post by mdj1 »

Hi Martyn

All received, we got there in the end.
Regards.

Mark