Whitelisting an odd address in MX Scan

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
Jamesa

Whitelisting an odd address in MX Scan

Post by Jamesa »

Hi there, i have a customer who uses blackberry. They tell me that some sort of configuration message is being marked as possible spam and this stops the blackberry from doing whatever it needs to do with it.

Trouble is it seems to be a dynamic address the mail comes from and has several sub domain parts which change.

Usually the address reads something like "network@etp2114.etp.eu.blackberry.net"
But, the "etp2114.etp.eu" part always changes.

I tried whitelisting in MX Scan "*@*.blackberry.net" but that didnt work, so any ideas guys?

Cheers,
James

polarisie

Re: Whitelisting an odd address in MX Scan

Post by polarisie »

Jamesa wrote:Hi there, i have a customer who uses blackberry. They tell me that some sort of configuration message is being marked as possible spam and this stops the blackberry from doing whatever it needs to do with it.

Trouble is it seems to be a dynamic address the mail comes from and has several sub domain parts which change.

Usually the address reads something like "network@etp2114.etp.eu.blackberry.net"
But, the "etp2114.etp.eu" part always changes.

I tried whitelisting in MX Scan "*@*.blackberry.net" but that didnt work, so any ideas guys?

Cheers,
James
Wildcards are only accepted at the beginning and/or at the end of a string. So to whitelist the above use something like *blackberry.net . And remember to remove the "*@*.blackberry.net" so that it does not cause an error

Cheers
MXSCAN :: AntiSpam & AntiVirus for MailEnable (now with Spamtrap/Honeypot!)
Built-in SpamAssassin, Clam, MessageSniffer, DNSBL, URLBL, DCC, Senderbase, SpamTrap, ShortCircuit, Content Filters, Disclamers, Archiving and more.
Visit www.mxuptime.com

Jamesa

Post by Jamesa »

Great, thanks very much for the quick reply.

Love MX Scan by the way. Saved me having to buy a new server as it handles everything much more efficiently than the system it replaced! Filtering about 10,000 items a day and killing about 80% of it :)

polarisie

Post by polarisie »

Jamesa wrote:Great, thanks very much for the quick reply.

Love MX Scan by the way. Saved me having to buy a new server as it handles everything much more efficiently than the system it replaced! Filtering about 10,000 items a day and killing about 80% of it :)
Hi James

Great! Thanks for the feedback
MXSCAN :: AntiSpam & AntiVirus for MailEnable (now with Spamtrap/Honeypot!)
Built-in SpamAssassin, Clam, MessageSniffer, DNSBL, URLBL, DCC, Senderbase, SpamTrap, ShortCircuit, Content Filters, Disclamers, Archiving and more.
Visit www.mxuptime.com