ME failover config?

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
labsy

ME failover config?

Post by labsy »

Hi,
I am wondering whether there is any option to configure ME in some NLB failover configuration?
For example, I have 2 Windows 2008 servers with Network Load Balancing configured and with DFS file share synced folders.
Would it be possible to install ME to use the NLB's "virtual IP" as its listening SMTP IP, and to store files to DFS share like to \\some_shared_folder?

I want to create failover server "farm" with ME as mail server, so I am looking for answers.
thanx for any advice.
Windows Hosting Sollutions Provider
http://www.hostmachine.net

polarisie

Re: ME failover config?

Post by polarisie »

labsy wrote:Hi,
I am wondering whether there is any option to configure ME in some NLB failover configuration?
For example, I have 2 Windows 2008 servers with Network Load Balancing configured and with DFS file share synced folders.
Would it be possible to install ME to use the NLB's "virtual IP" as its listening SMTP IP, and to store files to DFS share like to \\some_shared_folder?

I want to create failover server "farm" with ME as mail server, so I am looking for answers.
thanx for any advice.
MailEnable Enterprise has support for clustering/failover
MXSCAN :: AntiSpam & AntiVirus for MailEnable (now with Spamtrap/Honeypot!)
Built-in SpamAssassin, Clam, MessageSniffer, DNSBL, URLBL, DCC, Senderbase, SpamTrap, ShortCircuit, Content Filters, Disclamers, Archiving and more.
Visit www.mxuptime.com

labsy

Post by labsy »

Thanx Polarise,
that's what I have been looking for.
Windows Hosting Sollutions Provider
http://www.hostmachine.net

polarisie

Post by polarisie »

labsy wrote:Thanx Polarise,
that's what I have been looking for.
no problem. One thing you will want to look out for is timeouts on the config share. A fast network/separate and disk system would help
MXSCAN :: AntiSpam & AntiVirus for MailEnable (now with Spamtrap/Honeypot!)
Built-in SpamAssassin, Clam, MessageSniffer, DNSBL, URLBL, DCC, Senderbase, SpamTrap, ShortCircuit, Content Filters, Disclamers, Archiving and more.
Visit www.mxuptime.com