Urgent timeout problem.. losing a client

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
yamaharuss

Urgent timeout problem.. losing a client

Post by yamaharuss »

I have enterprise v4.

I have a large client who uses webmail in several locations and has been complaining that their mail session continually times out within only minutes of logging on. I am unable to reproduce this on my own and have checked all IIS session settings, even set them very high yet my client is still complaining.

Please help!!

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: Urgent timeout problem.. losing a client

Post by MailEnable »

Timeouts can be caused if there are any HTTP Proxies installed on the client computer.
If the timeouts are occuring on multiple clients, then the problem may be server related.

The fastest way to track the problem is most likely to log a support ticket.

If its client/browser related:
Any software active/installed on the client with respect to A/V proxy scanning would need to be disabled for diagnosis.

If its server related:
As far as I am aware the only server related problems relating to timeouts were due to application recycling occuring on virtualized servers due to the way IIS does application pool recycling.

If you log a ticket, you can log it as a potential defect, since at this stage it is not clear whether it is a browser, proxy or server problem.

Before doing so, I suggest checking your windows event log for errors that indicate that IIS has had problems.
You should also perhaps indicate the version of MailEnable, and since the issue is likely relating to diagnosing IIS, a server login will most likely be required.
Regards, Andrew

tmorg

Re: Urgent timeout problem.. losing a client

Post by tmorg »

Did you resolve this issue. I have all timeouts including in the webmail.config file and still have 60 minute timeouts happening.