Use DKIM with standard edition?

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
guerrilla123

Use DKIM with standard edition?

Post by guerrilla123 »

Hello,

I got mailenable with my plesk installation. Probelm is that all my emails get marked as spam so I am taking steps to correct this situation. One step is to enable DKIM on Plesk.

Problem is though that mailenable is not signing the emails.

Is there a way I can get it to sign the emails without buying the professional version?

Many thanks,

Mike

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Use DKIM with standard edition?

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Not to sure if when enabling the DKIM signing option in Plesk it will enable the DKIM feature within MailEnable Pro. My guess is that they must use the MTA COM or pickup event that is enabled within the MailEnable MTA agent. IF you upgrade to Pro you can also configure DKIM within domain properties window, however I don't think it will be configurable using the Plesk control panel. You may want to consult with Parallels for further information in regards to DKIM functionality.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Lovetech

Post by Lovetech »

You can use DKeyEvent found at:
http://mailenable.exhalus.net/domainkeys

A little tricky to set up, but works fine.

dcb1101

Post by dcb1101 »

Then why does MailEnable advertise DKIM support in Standard version? http://www.mailenable.com/mail-server-features.asp

The only documentation I can find for enabling DKIM in MailEnable is for Pro or Enterprise, and the menus mentioned, do not exist on Standard edition....

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
Then why does MailEnable advertise DKIM support in Standard version? http://www.mailenable.com/mail-server-features.asp

The only documentation I can find for enabling DKIM in MailEnable is for Pro or Enterprise, and the menus mentioned, do not exist on Standard edition....
You need to ensure your running 9.51 Standard.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

garyf

Post by garyf »

MailEnable-Ian wrote: You need to ensure your running 9.51 Standard.
I'm using 9.53 Standard and there is no facility to enable DKIM for the SMTP server. The documentation says to go to Servers > Localhost > Extensions and right-click on Domain Keys. But there is no extension of that name.

I can only configure DKIM for mailboxes in a domain by going to Post Offices >> Domains. However, I don't think this will make MailEnable generate DKIM headers if a local web application is sending outbound emails to MailEnable via SMTP. Is that correct? Is there a solution for this please? Thanks.

Pugwash

Post by Pugwash »

I've been trying to set up the DKIM on my Standard edition too. The documentation is simply wrong for the standard edition but I accidentally found the configuration dialog!

In MailEnable Management, navigate to Messaging Manager > Post Offices > yourPostOffice > Domains

Right click the domain you are using in the right hand panel and pick "Properties" from the context menu.

There's a tab called "DKIM (DomainKeys)" and it contain the "Configure" button.