Error loading module MEAIPO.DLL

Discussion for developers using MailEnable.
nbrady327

Error loading module MEAIPO.DLL

Post by nbrady327 »

Hello,
I'm running ME Standard and need to be able to create mailboxes via ASP.NET.

Right now, I get the following error:
Unable to load DLL 'MEAIPO.DLL': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

I have, from reading other posts, gone through and set the suggested permissions on the Config, Bin and Bin64 directories (I'm using 64-bit Vista, but just to be safe) for the IIS anonymous user. Strangely, I cannot find the ASPNET account on my machine as I am used to seeing.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

bsekercioglu

Re: Error loading module MEAIPO.DLL

Post by bsekercioglu »

I want to do something with asp.net but when i publish the codes
the site says:
Unable to load DLL 'MEAIPO.DLL': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

I referenced all MEAdminAssemblies files (MailEnable.Store.dll and MailEnable.Administration.dll)

but i couldn't solve this problem

can you help me to solve this problem.

8)

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

Run filemon/processmon at the time your code is executed and see where it is looking for the file.
Also, I would check the windows path statement and ensure the mailenable BIN (or Bin64 for 64 bit machine) folder is included.
Regards, Andrew

Oliero

Post by Oliero »

I have the same problem and starting to be a little confused :x

i have installed on my server mailenable professional

Please, what's filemon/processmon? how could i check the windows path statement? maybe this could be related to managed/unmanaged dll's?

tks a lot

Oliero

Post by Oliero »

Solved. I'm developing an asp.net application, so I use the two dlls recommended for it (mailenable.administration and mailenable.store). The permissions for accessing them were ok...

but the permissions for accessing the dlls referred by them no!!! It's so easy as granting access for your iis user to the mailenable.bin(or bin64) directory.

Oliero

Post by Oliero »

:!: :lol: :!:

merk

Post by merk »

I'm getting this error, but i'm not trying to access the ME components through a webpage. I'm just trying to use the ME admin console.

I've installed ME standard on windows 7 for testing. But when ever I try to open the admin console and go into the post offices, i get an error:

System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'MEAIPO.DLL': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at MailEnable.Administration.Postoffice.SetCurrentHost(String& CurrentHost)
at MailEnable.Administration.Postoffice.SetHost()
at MailEnable.Administration.Console.PostOfficesNode.PopulateImplementation()

codeman73

Post by codeman73 »

I get this error too. I've tried changing the permissions on the /bin, /config, and /Bin64, as directed in other threads. Didn't work. I tried running the MEInstaller.exe and choosing option 1, but then a Windows dialog pops up, saying something like the Install might be incorrect. I've tried both options for this popup, and neither fixed this problem.

Any other suggestions? I'm on a 64-bit machine with Windows 7 pro.

dananos

Post by dananos »

I had the same problem opening the MMC snap-in, and I fixed it by adding this: C:\PROGRA~2\MAILEN~1\Bin64 to my windows PATH statement
(My Computer > Advanced System Properties > Environment Variables). My PC is 64 bit, so it could be the Bin folder for a 32 bit machine.