[SOLVED] Cannot Get Mail - iphone

MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - for EAS enabled devices (including iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android, Nokia, etc).
scngan

[SOLVED] Cannot Get Mail - iphone

Post by scngan »

i manage to validate my activesync using https://www.mailenable.com/tools/activesync/verify.aspx then i go over to my iphone and follow the instruction to create the account.
everthing looks fine.

However, when i go over to my mailbox, it will throw me "Cannot Get Mail. Connection to the server fail" error.

under my activesync logfile, i can see the APPLE folder created and inside there contain 1 of the file named - xxxx-mailbox-licensevalidation.

Opened the file with the following:
License Validaton Failed
Command:Settings

the activesync management didnt show any license being use.

Im currently running on eval mode.

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: Cannot Get Mail - iphone

Post by MailEnable »

I would first check that the following folders exist:

CONFIG\ActiveSync
CONFIG\Licensing\MailEnable ActiveSync

If they dont exist then use explorer to create those folders.

If the folder: CONFIG\Licensing\MailEnable ActiveSync does exist, then could you pls PM me the name of the directory that appesrs under that folder as well as the version number of MailEnable you are using.
Regards, Andrew

scngan

Re: Cannot Get Mail - iphone

Post by scngan »

hi andrew,
yes, the folder is there...
im on 6.53 ent premium

MailEnable
Site Admin

[Solved] Re: Cannot Get Mail - iphone

Post by MailEnable »

Problem was that the 64 bit DSN was not set up - preventing the EAS license manager from issuing EAS quotas to postoffices.

It now detects the problem and reports the missing DSN, and that will be included in 6.54 and later. Thanks
Regards, Andrew

scngan

Re: [Solved] Re: Cannot Get Mail - iphone

Post by scngan »

MailEnable wrote:Problem was that the 64 bit DSN was not set up - preventing the EAS license manager from issuing EAS quotas to postoffices.

It now detects the problem and reports the missing DSN, and that will be included in 6.54 and later. Thanks

hi andrew ! Thanks...finally...i was suspecting somehow permission issue but didnt though of DSN.

By the way, it will have a different if run the DSN with and without admin permission in win2k8 which you might want to look into it as well.

Rogeriq

Re: [SOLVED] Cannot Get Mail - iphone

Post by Rogeriq »

Hi friends

I have the same problem, but I don´t understand how I have to solve the problem... How I have to set up 64 bits DSN?

Please Helpme

Thanks

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

You only need to set up the 64 bit DSN if you are using a database for MailEnable's configuration and you are on a 64 bit operating system.
In any case though, the first thing to do is either to upgrade to 6.54 from http://www.mailenable.com/download.asp or install update the MailEnable ActiveSync Manager from http://www.mailenable.com/hotfix/mam.zip into your [program files location]/Mail Enable/ActiveSync directory. If you still have problems, then the 64 bit DSN can be created via the ODBC manager under Administrative Tools.
Regards, Andrew

Rogeriq

Post by Rogeriq »

hi friends

I have a 64 bit server, but I don´t a database for the users. Although of this I installed Activesync update but it still doesn´t work.
Now I'm trying tu update ME to 6.54 version, let's try if it works now....

Thank you

Rogeriq

Post by Rogeriq »

hi again

Version 6.54 installed and still can't connect from iphone to my server, any idiea what is happening?

Thanks

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

Just to make sure we are talking about a similiar issue, the problem you are having is this:
under my activesync logfile, i can see the APPLE folder created and inside there contain 1 of the file named - xxxx-mailbox-licensevalidation.

Opened the file with the following:
License Validaton Failed
Command:Settings
Please check the event log at the time you attempt to sync.

Assiming thats the case, could you please provide the same information mentioned in this thread:
I would first check that the following folders exist:

CONFIG\ActiveSync

If the folder: CONFIG\Licensing\MailEnable ActiveSync does exist, then could you pls PM me the name of the directory that appesrs under that folder as well as the version number of MailEnable you are using.I would first check that the following folders exist:

CONFIG\ActiveSync

If the folder: CONFIG\Licensing\MailEnable ActiveSync does exist, then could you pls PM me the name of the directory that appesrs under that folder as well as the version number of MailEnable you are using.
Regards, Andrew