Whitelist domain with many IPs

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
tgoepferd

Whitelist domain with many IPs

Post by tgoepferd »

Hello,

I would like to whitelist certain domains, such as linkedin, facebook, etrade, etc. However, adding all the IP addresses to the SNMP whitelist is difficult because such organizations have many mail servers and they change over time. Is there a good way to add the domain itself to the whitelist or find them all?

Thanks,
Todd

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Whitelist domain with many IPs

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Not globally. You could instruct your users to login to web mail and use the mailbox level white listing option which will allow them to whitelist a domain. IE: @facebook.com
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

tgoepferd

Post by tgoepferd »

Yes, I prefer each user do it themselves. Does each subdomain need to be entered as well as the main domain? Also, in your example, would I actually include the @ ( @facebook.com) Thanks, Ian.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The whitelist option under the mailbox web mail options page states:
The following table lists the addresses that email will always be accepted from. Incoming messages from senders whose complete email address (e.g. john@example.com) is on this list will bypass all spam filters. You can also enter a domain (e.g. example.com) to allow all senders from that domain to bypass spam filtering.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

netmo

Post by netmo »

Would be it possible to develop a whitelist section in the domain configuration. Should have the ability to whitelist by domain and individual user.

netmo

Post by netmo »

Would be it possible to develop a whitelist section in the domain configuration. Should have the ability to whitelist by domain and individual user.