ME Quarantine control not functioning as it used to

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
pmnit

ME Quarantine control not functioning as it used to

Post by pmnit »

We recently upgraded to version 7.02. I have noticed that when I go to check the messages in the Quarantine Servers > Messaging Manager > Quarantine that the options available to me have diminished. I used to be able to right click on a message and have the option to deliver without filtering, deliver with filtering, view, or delete. However, since the upgrade to version 7, all I have is Delete. Also, I used to be able to double click the messages and read them. Now when I do that, all I see is some header information. Also, all messages show a status of delivering.

Anyone have any ideas?

oceanweb

Re: ME Quarantine control not functioning as it used to

Post by oceanweb »

I am running the latest v7.04 and have also noticed this change to the quarantine options and without them I am wondering how emails can be 'released' to be processed/delivered once reviewed. I can only assume the omission of these options is somehow a mistake in the new v7 release.

Looking forward to an informative response Mailenable :D

Thanks,
Damian

pmnit

Post by pmnit »

Poke ME... Ben? Ian?

Brett Rowbotham

Post by Brett Rowbotham »

There has been no sign of any ME staff activity on this forum for quite a while now (just look how spam posts are multiplying) so I think you could wait a long time for any reply.

Please do us all a favour and log a defect for this problem. I already have a defect logged since the end of February for a number of other problems with the new MMC, and am still waiting for some kind of resolution. Logging more defect reports will possibly help to force some kind of reaction soon.

Cheers,
Brett

pmnit

Post by pmnit »

Good idea. I have put in a support request as this does appear to be a defect. Will let you know what I find out.

pmnit

Post by pmnit »

Support reported back that this issue is fixed in 7.05 which was just made available on the site for download a little earlier this morning. I have downloaded it and will do the install later this evening. I will report back with the results.

pmnit

Post by pmnit »

We installed the 7.05 update but it only partially resolved the issue. When we right-click on any message in the only options we are presented with is Delete and Help. If we double click on the message then a new box opens up and we can see the Sender, Recipients, Retry Count Status "Delivering", Priority, Created date, and next send time "Blank". The only options on this window are view and close.

We are missing the options to Send or to allow to pass through the quarantine.

aahq

Post by aahq »

I have just upgraded to 7.05 as well. The "Delete" and "Help" are the only options.

I am going to lodge a defect.

Scott

heimar

Post by heimar »

I have the same issue and this is quite urgent as the clients emails are now stuck in quarantine unless I manually copy paste each one into the mailbox it belongs to to download.

pmnit

Post by pmnit »

heimar wrote:I have the same issue and this is quite urgent as the clients emails are now stuck in quarantine unless I manually copy paste each one into the mailbox it belongs to to download.
I would log a support ticket. Maybe they will get enough to fix the issue...

Brett Rowbotham

Post by Brett Rowbotham »

You can, if you upgraded from 6.x to 7, run the old MMC application which would give you the required options. This should still be present in the installation BIN folder and is named "MailEnable Enterprise.msc".

Regards,
Brett

pmnit

Post by pmnit »

Brett Rowbotham wrote:You can, if you upgraded from 6.x to 7, run the old MMC application which would give you the required options. This should still be present in the installation BIN folder and is named "MailEnable Enterprise.msc".

Regards,
Brett

I just tried this and I can confirm this works. ME really needs to fix this issue though. What a pain!?!

crnunez

Post by crnunez »

Hello,
I can detect the same issue, Its very important solve this bug. Today one filter stop several mail and move to Quarentine folder, I have good luck because I have MailEnable Enterprise.msc; then I can resend all messages ignoring filter processing.
Regards,
Robert N.
Zona Hosting - Hosting y Servicios Profesionales en Internet.

heimar

Post by heimar »

Thanks for the replies.

I see that the new version came out yesterday.

I have upgraded and now there is a button for deliver message and if you click it it asks you if you want to bypass the filters or not.

If I tell it to bypass the filters then it comes back to quarantine. If I pick do not bypass filters then it gets stuck in the inbound smtp qeue.

Can someone test and confirm?

thanks!

EDIT: My appologies, it did work when I told it to reapply the filter checks, just took long to come through. looks like when you tell it to not recheck filters it does so its the wrong way around.
Last edited by heimar on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

pmnit

Post by pmnit »

I will install it here this evening and see if I get the same results.