Antivirus Integration

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
postpub

Antivirus Integration

Post by postpub »

I would like to integrate an antivirus program to scan my messages and discard them if they contain a virus.

I currently do not have anything setup. I am not a fan of Symantec, and am wondering what are the best options available for this?

Mcafee? F-Prot?

Are there any other good posts to read up on configuring this?

Thanks,

Gary

labsy

Post by labsy »

If you do not have more than few 1000 mail/day, you could use McAfee commandline scanner. It is free and, as far as I use it, very effective.
Here is my sollution:
http://forum.mailenable.com/viewtopic.php?t=9007

postpub

Post by postpub »

I currently have 15 domain's and will be getting up to 100 in the year or so along with websites. Maybe 1,000 mailboxes by the time I reach 100 domains.

G

whiteknight

Try Clamd

Post by whiteknight »

Please do try clamd and clamdclient. The performance will definitely suite your needs.
White Knight

wisp

Post by wisp »

"If you do not have more than few 1000 mail/day, you could use McAfee commandline scanner. It is free and, as far as I use it, very effective. "

Hi, this sounds great. Is there a page at McAfee where it specifies the licensing requirements. Thanks.

pulse90

Re: Antivirus Integration

Post by pulse90 »

Hi y labsy,
Nice to meet you. You are absolutely right. McAfee Antivirus is best. It is very effective. currently, I am using this.
Thanks.

wiliamsth

Re: Antivirus Integration

Post by wiliamsth »

My experience is that using F-prot is a better option than McAfee if you are having large amount of mails per day