MAPI connector questions

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
kather

MAPI connector questions

Post by kather »

I have w7 with Outlook 2010 and the MAPI installed (last update 1.54). windows with all services packs up to date; mail server Mailenable 7.06 Enterprise Editon. Also EAS installed and working fine on my smart phone.

The problem is that new mail won't be shown in Outlook. Even I see them coming in on the smart phone. Along with Outlook I often have webmail enabled. Also there I see new mail arriving.

Sometimes it takes minutes, hours before the new mail is shown in Outlook. Even the function "Check folder for new messages" won't do the trick (I haven't opened the same mail on my smart phone nor in my webmail).

Shutting down Outlook will reset "something" and the new mail is shown. Also using the function "Reset folder from server" will make new mail appear in Outlook.

I have enabled 'show synchronization progress" but there is nothing to see.

Am I missing something? There are a lot of other posts with similar problems but no solution (or no solution is posted perhaps its working well for the rest).

Hope to find a working solution for MAPI. it's a pity that EAS does not work with Outlook.

BTW: I know that the Enterprise Edition only accept 5 MAPI connections. Perhaps the problems are caused by this version and the limitations. I can upgrade to the Premium edition but are the problems then over? Do I get a warranty that with this Premium edition all the above problems are solved? Is there anyone out there who has a good working environment with Mailenable Enterprise (Premium) and MAPI?

leinenga

Re: MAPI connector questions

Post by leinenga »

Hi,

I have the same problem with the Premium edition, so I don't think that will help.

New mail will show but it's random leaving out some of the new mails.
so if I see 2 new mails on my Phone (with AES), mostly, the first will not show in Outlook and the second new mail will.

Very annoying. I always have to check on my Phone now for new emails.

Only restarting outlook or reset folder from server will show al new mails.

Regards Leo

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

We have not been able to reproduce this situation in any of our test environments or test production sites.
Perhaps there are problems being reported in the windows event log of the server (with respect to notifications not being delivered).
Perhaps some guidance could be provided on how often the problem occurs or if there is a pattern.

Similarly, there is also a server update which should be applied - it also has notification updates, but since we cannot reproduce the issue, we cannot confirm whether it addresses this behaviour.
We recently provided an update to the client and this is downloadable from http://www.mailenable.com/download.asp (there are no fixes in the client release notes with respect to this issue however).

If possible, it would be great if you could do the following:

1. Enable full Troubleshooting logging.
2. Restart the client
3. When you notice the problem has occured, get the log file from C:\MAPILogs\Outlook (zip it because it will be sizable). You can leave the client running.
4. Email it to beta@mailenable.com so we can review.

Thanks.
Regards, Andrew

aram

Post by aram »

We have had that problem and disabling Windows firewall has solved it...
have not narrowed it down to what port may be blocked though.

Netsupply

Post by Netsupply »

We are seeing the same issues with 1.58

It retrieves new mail, but leaves replied mail behind.

IMAP works fine, but MAPI doesnt. EAS is on the server and base OS is 2008 R2 x64.

We have Mamut on the PC as well.

I have summitted an critical Support Ticket for this, since it renders Outlook integration useless and doesnt make Mailenable an alternative to Exchange.

calfordgreen

Post by calfordgreen »

Have these issues been fixed yet?

I currently have 2 ME 7 Pro mail servers, and have customers wanting calendar sharing for outlook. I have been looking at upgrading ME Pro to ME Ent. Pro but concerned about the heafty price tag, but doesn't seem worth it if it doesn't work. The customers I have will want it to "just work" and won't be happy if they get problems like this.

Any suggestions as to the best way to enable calendar sharing with Outlook? Preferably without huge price tag?

kather

Post by kather »

No the problems are not solved.

Even worse: after un update to MailEnable Enterprise 7.09 and MAPI connextor 1.57 we get the following problem:

workstation with Windows 8 + Outlook 2013
2 mail accounts which use MAPI to connect to server: a@domain.com & b@domain.com

sometimes mail send to a@domain.com will appear in the mailbox of b@domain.com and visa versa.
only after a restart of Outlook (or "reset folder from server") the mailboxes are correct.

leinenga

Post by leinenga »

Hi All,

I'm not 100% sure yet, but it seems that the problem in my situation is solved.
It looks like the AVG free virusscanner was causing the problems in my case. (at least the combination office2010, windows 8 and AVG free 2013)
I changed the virusscanner (for some other reason) to bitdefender and the new messages are now showing fine immediatly and each time.

Regards Leo

kather

Post by kather »

leinenga wrote:Hi All,

I'm not 100% sure yet, but it seems that the problem in my situation is solved.
It looks like the AVG free virusscanner was causing the problems in my case. (at least the combination office2010, windows 8 and AVG free 2013)
I changed the virusscanner (for some other reason) to bitdefender and the new messages are now showing fine immediatly and each time.

Regards Leo
For me (Office Prof + 2013) with Windows 8 and AVG Internet Security) it did not help removing AVG. I have tried it for some days but still the MAPI connector does not work like it should be. New mail is still not (randomly) showing and if it's showing some times new mail is in another mailbox (see earlier reports).

Still hoping for a working solution; 'hate' to go to Exchange :-)

kather

Post by kather »

I have updated to ME 7.53 and MAPI connector 1.59
Also disabled the AVG scanner for emails on the workstation (W8 & Office 2013).
And disabled IMAP connections from Trillian.

for some days now I have a prefect working MAPI connection :-)

But a colleague with W7 (& Office 2010) and AVG scanner for email enabled; no Trillian did not have any problems during the time I had these problems.

Hope this will help you

FescoEDP

Post by FescoEDP »

kather,

We too have upgraded to ME 7.53 Enterprise Premium and MAPI 1.59. Our issues are performance. While deleting a message in inbox, it sits there for a few seconds before deleting. Constant message displays of moving files on server. Have you checked your Global Address Book? This is one reason we use the MAPI connector. When you click on Address Book, Outlook freezes and shuts down. I had to revert back to MAPI connector version 4. This way, we can use the Global Address Book but performance is still very slow. Currently e-mailing back and forth with ME tech support trying to resolve the issue.

Windows 7 64 bit
Outlook 2010
AVG 2014 Free

ME 7.53 is running on Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit.