7.5.1 Webmail does not allow login

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
TobiFrano

7.5.1 Webmail does not allow login

Post by TobiFrano »

We just updated from 7.0.x to 7.5.1. Everything works as expected except that webmail dpes not allow any users to login. There is no error message, just redirects immediately back to https://OUR.DOMAIN.com/HooDoo/lang/EN/login.aspx whenever we enter any valid or invalid username and password.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
---tobias

Windows Server 2003
All dot.net updates are installed.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: 7.5.1 Webmail does not allow login

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Clear the browsers cache and search history. Ensure you access the interface via http://mail.example.com and not via an old browser bookmark.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

sgirard

Post by sgirard »

If you are in IE, this may also be because you are running in compatibility mode. My users cannot log in with compatibility mode enabled in 7.51.

TobiFrano

Post by TobiFrano »

We tested this with IE, Safari, Chrome, and FireFox. We cleared the cache and history. No change:
After we installed the update to 7.5.1 webmail will immediately redirect to the login page when clicking 'Login'. Even if we do enter invalid credentials no error message shows, the page just gets reloaded.
Any other recommendation on where to look?

Thanks in advance,
Tobias

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

This sounds like a misconfiguration for the web mail interface under IIS. Possibly permissions. Run the meinstaller.exe utility located in the MailEnable BIN folder and execute option 2 to reinstall the web mail components and reset any incorrect permission settings. Are there any errors reported in the Windows event log at the same time you try and login?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

reinhard_g

Post by reinhard_g »

I had the same problem after updating to 7.51. Following message appeared:
Serverfehler in der Anwendung /mewebmail.
Konfigurationsfehler
Beschreibung: Fehler beim Verarbeiten einer Konfigurationsdatei, die für diese Anforderung erforderlich ist. Überprüfen Sie die unten angegebenen Fehlerinformationen, und ändern Sie die Konfigurationsdatei entsprechend.

Parserfehlermeldung: Unbekanntes requestValidationMode-Attribut. Beachten Sie bei Attributnamen die Groß-/Kleinschreibung.

Quellfehler:

Zeile 16: automatically shut down by ASP.NET to be 1 hour (60 mins).
Zeile 17: -->
Zeile 18: <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="10240" executionTimeout="3600" requestValidationMode="2.0" />
Zeile 19: <identity impersonate="false" />
Zeile 20: <!-- DYNAMIC DEBUG COMPILATION

Quelldatei: C:\Parallels\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mail Enable\Bin\NetWebMail\web.config Zeile: 18

Versionsinformationen: Microsoft .NET Framework-Version:2.0.50727.5420; ASP.NET-Version:2.0.50727.5420
This message leads to the solution: Parse error: unknown attribut requestValidationMode

In Webmail 7.50 this parameter is missing. I deleted in line 18 this parameter, and Webmail works fine.
Reinhard Gojowsky
--------------------------
EAASDC IT Service Germany
ME Professional 10.40, Windows Server 2019

TobiFrano

Post by TobiFrano »

Thanks Ian and Reinhard.
Unfortunately that did not help either. I ran MEInstaller and re-installed the web mail components.
No change. Afterwards I tried the change to the config file.
I do not see any application errors from ASP or inside the event viewer.

When I enter anything valid or invalid into the login screen it immediately redirects to itself.
I am stumped.

reinhard_g

Post by reinhard_g »

This problem seems to be fixed in 7.52
Reinhard Gojowsky
--------------------------
EAASDC IT Service Germany
ME Professional 10.40, Windows Server 2019