LIBAjax.js gives Uncaught ReferenceError for GetBrowserType

Discussion for developers using MailEnable.
iltera

LIBAjax.js gives Uncaught ReferenceError for GetBrowserType

Post by iltera »

How to make the Ajax example at the beginning of AJAX Reference (http://www.mailenable.com/developers/AJ ... erence.pdf)?
I am creating an HTML file with this code

Code: Select all

<HTML> 
<HEAD> 
<SCRIPT type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="/MEWebMail/Mondo/lang/sys/Scripts/LIBAjax.js"></SCRIPT> 
</HEAD> 
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=”JAVASCRIPT”> 
function DoAJAX() 
{ 
 var oAJAXHandler = new AJAXHandler(); 
 oAJAXHandler._AJAXRequest(“LOGIN”,””, false,null); 
 oAJAXHandler._AJAXRequest(“LIST-MESSAGES”, “/Inbox”, false, null); 

function ProcessXMLResult(responseXML) 
{ 
 if (responseXML == undefined) 
 { 
 alert(responseXML.xml); 
 } 
} 

} 
</SCRIPT> 
<BODY onload=”DoAJAX();”> 
</BODY> 
</HTML>
Of course, I am changing the folder that reference the Ajaxlib.js file (In my case it is "LIBAjax_7.55.js" to be precise). On page load DoAJAX() function executes and gives a referrence error for the GetBrowserType function inside the LIBAjax_7.55.js file.

"Uncaught ReferenceError: GetBrowserType is not defined"

Am I missing something?
What do I have to do to make that work?

Thanks!

iltera

Re: LIBAjax.js gives Uncaught ReferenceError for GetBrowserT

Post by iltera »

Hi Again,

I referenced all the js files in the "NETWebMail\Mondo\lang\sys\scripts" folder then it started working. After that, I found the AJAX/Scripting Example (http://www.mailenable.com/developers/ajax_examples.zip) and played with them for a while. In Example1.html file I enter my cridentials, login method works all right with a returnvalue of 1, but all others, list-messages and log-off methods for example returning me

<BASEELEMENT SCHEMA="TIMEOUT" METHOD="LIST-MESSAGES"></BASEELEMENT>

xml no matter what I do. I am using the latest 7.53 enterprise premium trial as my play around server. My question is, are these examples and documentations out of date, or I am missing something here?

ilter