Free/busy scheduling

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
stefano.bolleri

Free/busy scheduling

Post by stefano.bolleri »

Hi there,
I have installed 1.63 ver. but I can not see Free/Busy scheduling information when trying to arrange meetings.
I can see it from Web Mail, but the option in Outlook 2013 doe not work, it just give me an error.
The Pc's are runing windows 7 with ms-office 2013 can anyone give me help. Thank you

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Free/busy scheduling

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Sounds like the MailEnableFB.dll is not correctly registered. Ensure the client is closed at the time and then open up a Windows command prompt (run as admin) and type:

For Outlook 32bit

regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\MailEnableFB.dll

For Outlook 64BIt:

regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MailEnableFB.dll

Once it returns successful results indictaing the dll was registered open up Outlook and try Free/Busy.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

stefano.bolleri

Hello Ian
Thx for the aswer but it does not work, I have tried with others pc's and the only one that works is a pc with Xp and ms-office 2010, the version of connector is 1.63 and the cfg is the same than other's pc's, have you any advices for me?

stefano.bolleri

Hi there,
Free/Busy scheduling works only on ms-office 2010 all test's made by me on ms-office 2013 32/64 did not give me any good results.
Another one realy strange thing is that both installations of MAPI connector 32 & 64 , install the dll files under sysWOW64 also if your own mail client is running a 32 bit version.
Is anyone using Free/Busy scheduling with Outlook 2013 ?

rmiller

Post by rmiller »

We have a mixture of Outlook versions and up until a couple months ago, the free/busy feature was working in Outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010 with v1.61 MAPI connector (32bit) installed. Just yesterday, I installed Office 365 on to a user's machine and the v1.64 MAPI connector (32bit) and decided to install the same version of the MAPI connector on my machine with Outlook 2010 already installed. I am now able to view his, and everyone else's, free/busy status from my computer using Outlook 2010, however, he is not able to view my free/busy status from his machine using Outlook 365. I went so far as to specify the location to look (http://localhost:8080/calendar/) and it still does not work for the end user.