Whitelist Directory Overloaded

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
bellaonline

Whitelist Directory Overloaded

Post by bellaonline »

I just moved my copy of MailEnable Enterprise from an old Windows 2003 system to a new Windows 2012 system. I'm using MySQL as the data holder. I do have an ODBC entry set up for it. When I tried to log in via the web interface, I got connection errors, and I found some information on the site here that, if it's not the ODBC entry, it could be caused by permission issues.

I'm trying to run the CACLS commands but it's taking forever on the config directory because I have 98,161 files in my whitelist directory. Isn't that too many? Why would I have so many? Thoughts about deleting those and starting fresh?

Also, any other ideas about solving this error would be appreciated. It says: MailEnable WebMail - MEWebMail::oLogin.GetLogin Error (ME-WM-002) Problem Accessing Configuration Repository. Please check Permissions to Configuration Repository.

Lisa

bellaonline

Re: Whitelist Directory Overloaded

Post by bellaonline »

OK I ran all the permission resets and such and now I see that when I upgraded from the Plesk basic version to this new version in a standalone directory it never changed where all the services were pointing. The services are still trying to run things in the Plesk directory. How do I recreate the services to point properly to my c:\mailenable directory?

Help! All my mail is down!

Lisa

bellaonline

Post by bellaonline »

I re-ran the install program again this time choosing repair. It does seem to have fixed at least some of the services so I can now log in via the web interface. However once there it gives me ME-E5005 errors which I find described here -

http://www.mailenable.com/kb/Content/Ar ... D=me020496

However I follow those instructions and I get into the security of that folder fine. The instructions don't tell me what to check or change in there. I don't know who to grant what to.

Lisa

bellaonline

Post by bellaonline »

I'll also note that now when I run the CACLS on the postoffices directory I get the first four lines and then "The data is invalid." after that.

Lisa

bellaonline

Post by bellaonline »

Also when I rerun the install I get an error that "unable to configure registry access permissions. Mailenable services may have issues accessing the registry. You will need to run MEInstaller after this installation and manually configure WebMail."

But I don't know where this MEInstaller is ...?

Lisa

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

MEinstaller.exe is located within the MailEnable "BIN" folder. I think the best way forward with your problems would be to lodge a support ticket and have a technician login to the server and rectify the problems. Try and run the following commands from a Windows command prompt to resolve the "ME-E5005 errors" in web mail.

Code: Select all

CACLS "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Config" /t /e /g IME_ADMIN:F

CACLS "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Queues" /t /e /g IME_ADMIN:F

CACLS "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Bad Mail" /t /e /g IME_ADMIN:F

CACLS "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Postoffices" /t /e /g IME_ADMIN:F

CACLS "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Logging" /t /e /g IME_ADMIN:F 

CACLS "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Queues" /t /e /g IME_SYSTEM:F

CACLS "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Logging" /t /e /g IME_SYSTEM:F

CACLS "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Bad Mail" /t /e /g IME_SYSTEM:F

CACLS "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Config" /t /e /g IME_SYSTEM:F

CACLS "C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Postoffices" /t /e /g IME_STORE_GROUP:F
NOTE: Replace the above with your MailEnable path locations.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

bellaonline

Post by bellaonline »

Ian -

It's good to hear from you :). I've been using your software since version 1 and we like it a lot. I know we can get this working.

I wonder if part of the issue is that this new Plesk system (which I've never used before) had pre-installed a later version of the cheap / free software. I upgraded to the Enterprise version, but I'm on version 5.61. So in a way it downgraded when I updated to Enterprise. Maybe something mis-matched during that upgrade?

Yes I ran all the CACLS commands several times now during these various steps and reboots. But, for example, when I run

CACLS "C:\MailEnable\Postoffices" /t /e /g IME_ADMIN:F

it processes the first four directories and then says "The data is invalid." after that. So something's not right.

Money is extremely tight - part of why I moved to this new hosting facility - but I will look into upgrading to the latest version of MailEnable Enterprise in the hopes of getting this working quickly. This is the main BellaOnline site that hasn't had mail for over a day now, and I need it back as soon as I can :).

Lisa

bellaonline

Post by bellaonline »

I ran the MailEnable install executable with administrator rights. I did the repair option. It's giving me an error as part of the install.

Lisa

bellaonline

Post by bellaonline »

Another error, in case these are all related to Plesk and need to be accounted for in the install script.

Lisa

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Yes its been a while since we have last spoken.

For the error stating the registry permission issues, make sure that "Remote registry" service is running under Windows > Administrative tools > services. If this doesn't help then lodge a ticket and provide access to the server as ti will be easier for us to diagnose the problem and provide a solution.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

bellaonline

Post by bellaonline »

It was set to automatic "trigger start" but was not running. I've started it running now.

I just set it to running and then re-ran the install with the repair option, with administrator rights. It still gives those same two errors. I'll open a support ticket.

Thanks!

Lisa