451 Could not load DRD for domain

tdehan

451 Could not load DRD for domain

Postby tdehan » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:50 am

One of my clients is receiving the following error when sending an email to a particular email address. What does "451 Could not load DRD for domain..." mean?

Message is waiting at "MYDOMAIN".COM for delivery to mail-fwd.verio-web.com.

Message delivery has been delayed to the following recipients:
Recipient: [SMTP:someone@cafeharlequin.com]
Reason: Remote SMTP Server Returned: 451 Could not load DRD for domain (cafeharlequin.com) rcpt (someone@cafeharlequin.com)

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: 451 Could not load DRD for domain

Postby MailEnable » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:01 am

That error message is not coming from MailEnable - it is being returned from the server that MailEnable is attempting to deliver to.

Here is what I get when I telnet to the server from my desktop PC:

Code: Select all

220 va1-mx58.stngva01.us.mxservers.net ESMTP mxl_mta-3.1.0-05 [2812967840.13779.
00-003]; Wed, 21 Jul 2010 00:53:51 -0400 (EDT); NO UCE, INBOUND
ehlo there
250-va1-mx58.stngva01.us.mxservers.net
250-SIZE 0
250-SUBMITTER
250 PIPELINING
MAIL FROM:<>
250 Sender Ok
rcpt to: someone@cafeharlequin.com
451 Could not load DRD for domain (cafeharlequin.com) rcpt (someone@cafeharlequi
n.com)

Only the person managing the server: va1-mx58.stngva01.us.mxservers.net can tell you why it is being refused.

My best guess is that the domain is configured to use an antivirus/spam gateway proxy filter (via MX redirection) - and that whoever manages that filter has not configured it correctly.
Regards, Andrew

tdehan

Postby tdehan » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:19 am

Please note that at NO time do I state or indicate the message is coming from MailEnable.....

I was merely asking what this message meant as I have never seen it before. Pleaes let me know if this is not clear...

Please also note... that someone@ whatever was removing the actual email address to protect the security of the address...

MailEnable
Site Admin

Postby MailEnable » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:16 am

Please note that at NO time do I state or indicate the message is coming from MailEnable.....
I was merely asking what this message meant as I have never seen it before. Pleaes let me know if this is not clear...

Yes - I knew this at the time of my post; I just wanted to absolutely clarify that the error was not being generated from MailEnable (also for the benefit of others reading the post).

The error being returned is proprietary and could be coming from a tailored smtp proxy - I checked google also for the error code and found nothing concrete.

So, In terms of seeking resolution to the problem:
1. I think you will need to contact the administrator of the domain and inform them of the issue.
2. They will then be able to advise you as to which proxy service they are using (or who is in charge of their receiving smtp mail).
3. Have the owner of the receiving SMTP service fix the problem.

I'll leave the floor open for someone else to answer incase they have experienced the error before....
Regards, Andrew