How to use MailEnable to check for viruses and perform Realtime Blackhole List (RBL) lookups in a Microsoft Exchange environment.
The required configuration changes follow:
Exchange (2000) modifications
1. Open the System Manager (Start Programs|Microsoft Exchange|System
2. Browse to Servers| Server |Protocol|SMTP|Default SMTP Virtual Server and select Properties
3. Under the General tab, select the Advanced button and change the ports to something other than 25
These steps are optional
(and are only required to perform virus scanning through MailEnable for outbound
4. Under the Delivery Tab, select Advanced
5. In the Smart Host text box, enter the IP address/node name that will all access to the MailEnable server.
(This will allow outgoing messages
from Exchange to be checked for viruses via MailEnable. Note: It is important
to grant relay rights under MailEnable for the IP Address of the Exchange
server - otherwise MailEnable will refuse to dispatch the messages on behalf of
MailEnable will not use the smarthosting rule if either of the following is true:
1. A catch-all has been defined for the domain that is being smarthosted
2. Address maps (E-Mail addresses) for the domain being smarthosted are assigned to the mailboxes for the domain.
Hence, MailEnable will satisfy local delivery requirements before the smarthosting rule is applied.
Also, MailEnable's SMTP Connector knows when a domain is smarthosted and will accept e-mail for any address for that domain. If smarthosting is disabled this will produce a 550 error (because unless the domain is smarthosted, or a catchall is defined or an the target address has been assigned to a MailEnable mailbox).
Which antivirus solutions can be used with MailEnable?: http://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/article.asp?ID=ME020144
How does antivirus filtering work how to configure it: http://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/article.asp?ID=ME020056
|Product:||MailEnable (Pro-Any Pro-1.X Ent-Any Ent-1.X)|
|Class:||HOWTO: Product Instructions|
|Created:||18/04/2003 6:29:00 PM|
|Revised:||Wednesday, May 4, 2016|